Difference between GTR, ZR1 and Z06...

Putty

I personally watched a seasoned driver in a z06 beat up on a GTR all fucking day at the track...good stuff none the less.

I gotta ask how a 3800lb/475hp car kept so close to a 3300lb/620hp car? Something is fishy.

I hate the GTR... I dont know why... maybe it is because how many riceres I heard blowing their load talking about skylines... I will take a z06... mod it for cheaper than buying a GTR and be more than happy fuck the GTR

Um.... no. Not sure what maths youre using but its no where near double.

GTR's run $76,840 - $79,090

ZR-1's run $103,970 - $113,970

For a fraction of the difference, the GTR can be made to murder the ZR1 every way possible. Looks as good, too.

I remember reading something about the transmissions (in the GTR)not holding up and it is not covered under warranty!

If you turn the launch control off the transmission breaks!

When you take it in to get fixed they can go back in the computer and see that the launch control was turned off!

I remember reading something about the transmissions (in the GTR)not holding up and it is not covered under warranty!

If you turn the launch control off the transmission breaks!

When you take it in to get fixed they can go back in the computer and see that the launch control was turned off!

Yeah there was quite a controversy with their transmissions and warranty claims. They did however revise the transmission programming for LC to allow it to be used under warranty, however it isn't as aggressive as it was initially.

For a fraction of the difference, the GTR can be made to murder the ZR1 every way possible. Looks as good, too.

And for a fraction of the GT-R price you can buy a used 2006-07 Z06 and murder both it and a stock ZR1 in every possible way :)

Jeff

It's a shame that men in their mid-life crisis aren't driving these calmly to work every day in stop-and-go rush-hour traffic. :nono:

your an idiot, those cars were designed to be on a road track not drag race. thats what he was talking about.

And for a fraction of the GT-R price you can buy a used 2006-07 Z06 and murder both it and a stock ZR1 in every possible way :)

Jeff

Truth.

I'd take a turbo Z06 or Heads/Cam Z06 over that shitty Skyline anyday....they're all hype and not really that kool IMO.

Jeff

And for a fraction of that price, I will take a c5 zo6, drop in a good motor and trans and a IPS TT kit and murder everything under the sun..:)

LOL - there is nothing cheap to modify on that car. No to mention you gotta upgrade the tranny to do anything to it. You can only cheat physics for so long - the GTR weighs over 500#'s more than the Vette and, I venture a guess that the Vette's center of gravity is lower as well. The only thing the GTR has over the Vette is the AWD.