Need Transmission Work

ohmr95b

My father-in-law needs work done to the transmission of his 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT. He was driving up this weekend from Marietta and he says that it is not slipping gears, but that it will not go into O/D and that it is shifting "rough." When he parked it, a small amount of tranny fluid was leaking, but we checked the fluid and it is still almos full and fairly clean, and it is no longer leaking. I have not driven it, as he parked it at our house and wants it towed to a shop to be looked at. Any recommendations? I'd rather deal with one of you local guys than just take it to AAMCO or another chain shop. Thanks for any help.

I have a 1997 Dakota that's got 245k miles on the original transmission. It's on its last legs as you might imagine but is okay for now. I would also be interested in finding someone local and good to rebuild it in the near future.

Guest Removed

those i can r&r and rebuild for around $1250 or so. thats all new parts , converter, added trans cooler. etc. my trans guy updates these all the time.

lmk

Edited by Removed

those i can r&r and rebuild for around $1550 or so. thats all new parts , converter, added trans cooler. etc. my trans guy updates these all the time.

lmk

The Stealth comes first and I'm going to decide on that damn thing here soon. But maybe later this year Rob, as I'd like to keep it going. I may actually swing by after work about something else anyway.

Guest Removed
The Stealth comes first and I'm going to decide on that damn thing here soon. But maybe later this year Rob, as I'd like to keep it going. I may actually swing by after work about something else anyway.

lol ok thats cool. that price should cover either trans but ill calling to check just in case ;)

Guest Removed

price updated on these dodges trans missions, $1250 plus a tow if needed.

all new parts, updated so the TTC dont fail like they love to, and a updated cooler and so on..lmk