Bassanni Mustang Exhaust How do you get flow tubes/muffler apart from tailpipes???

CJINOHIO03

Car has had exhaust on it for at least 7 years. Anyway I can hear stuff rattling around in the exhaust. I unbolted the x pipe from the flow tubes and can hear stuff in the pipes . I removed the exhaust off of the hangers also. Where the flow tubes go into the tail pipes looks just like a pressed fit. Not welded or anything, but I cant get it apart. What am I doing wrong? I cant take the exhaust off due to this because of the axle. How do these comes apart? Just bang it or what? I dont want to ruin or cut stainless steel exhaust. CJ

Do you have a pic? I had one the other day that the slip joint would not come free on. On a whim I tried spraying some freeze off on the joint for about 30 seconds and let it sit for a minute. I didnt think it would actually work but it actually freed up and I was able to rotate it out.

If I'm not mistaken bassani uses little studs and grooves to align the pipes which makes turning them impossible.

I haven't seen that on any of the kits I've done. It should just be slip fit stuff, but I may be mistaken.