Another "WTF is this bug?"

Science Abuse

looks like a moth thats been to hell and back

No kidding. I thought it was just an odd bug with some color on membrane-type wings (think fancy flying ant).

I had no idea it was spiked with hairy wings until I saw the blown up picture. It was on the ceiling, I couldn't make out those details.

i've heard they have an iPhone app that you can take a picture of a tree and it will tell you what kind of tree it is. do they have an app where you can do the same with bugs? if not they need one.

It was probably develpoed by hippies, so chances of it knowing anything beyond trees is slim.

I believe it's a species of Plume Moth. Not sure what one exactly. Apparently, the main way to distinguish between species is by microscopic investigation of their genitals, something I'm going to skip doing here. ;)

I believe it's a species of Plume Moth. Not sure what one exactly. Apparently, the main way to distinguish between species is by microscopic investigation of their genitals, something I'm going to skip doing here. ;)

Spot-the'hell-on

So I wont need to worry about venom in the spikes if I squish it? Gotta keep it away from my clothes. lol

Spot-the'hell-on

So I wont need to worry about venom in the spikes if I squish it? Gotta keep it away from my clothes. lol

No, not to my knowledge. :)

On a sidenote, I was attacked by a silverfish awhile back and those aren't supposed to bite or even have the urge to bite humans and, as far as I know, is completely unheard of. Yay, me. :rolleyes:

No, not to my knowledge. :)

On a sidenote, I was attacked by a silverfish awhile back and those aren't supposed to bite or even have the urge to bite humans and, as far as I know, is completely unheard of. Yay, me. :rolleyes:

You are the only person I believe this could have happened to...

:p

• 2 weeks later...