Good reason not to street race

Rob1647545496

Yep, I've been shit faced before. Never gotten behind the wheel of a car though. By "can't handle their booze," I was referring to their inability to make sound judgement calls in regards to vehicles. Belligerence, vomitting, and bar fights are a different topic.

Whatever dude. That isnt what you said.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, I'll quote myself:

If they can't handle their booze, they sure as hell can't be expected to handle serious horsepower or size.

That's exactly what I said. I simply clarified its intended meaning with this:

By "can't handle their booze," I was referring to their inability to make sound judgement calls in regards to vehicles.

no, what you are saying is that if you can't handle your booze that you can't make a sound judgement about a vehicle. Or you are saying that if somebody who drinks and gets drunk (can't handle booze) can't handle a car with serious horse power.

What the hell does handling there booze have anything to do with driving a car. Unless you are saying that handling your booze means driving drunk.

I love how anyone assumes the kid that wrecked that car bought it himself.

I am going to bet it was purchased by Mommy and Daddy motorsports. As are most cars in that price catagory for people that age and younger.

I didnt read the whole thread-but I cant believe that someone, especially on CR, assumed that....

I don't think the fact that 2 people died in a Vette justifies the statement that "young people shouldn't drive Vettes." You are reading a news article that involves 2 sports cars, a wreck, and death. Of course, it's going to be portrayed as some young punk in daddy's car out racing and killing himself and his friend. I don't think the article mentioned anything about knowing the speed.

If this was a Metro, the story would be portrayed completely different. And to another point, you can make your own decisions of whether or not to speed or race on the interstate, or you can drive "normal" and still not have any control of the mechanical actions of your car or even those around you.

Congrats to those who had a bike and a STI when they were young. That's completely irrevelant to the story and the end result.