Taurus SHO

93toNV

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
apples are better................discuss.

Windows is better.

i like throwing apples out of windows :D

gtp at the track....and? not a good bracket car when hot lapped.

make sure you take bags of ice for cool down.

So... 93toNV, did you pick up that new SHO or what?

Sure did! Im loving it. 89 titanium with rod shifter upgrade. Has 130k on her, just did the 60k tune up and the dynomax exhaust should be here next week! Then its time to hit the paint booth.

Guest fist302
Sure did! Im loving it. 89 titanium with rod shifter upgrade. Has 130k on her, just did the 60k tune up and the dynomax exhaust should be here next week! Then its time to hit the paint booth.

An 89 :eek: Sounds freaking awsome man i love the 1st gens. Got any pics yet?

An 89 :eek: Sounds freaking awsome man i love the 1st gens. Got any pics yet?

I have a few, lemme get it painted first for full effect! Also, im trying to decide. Do I repaint it the stock Titanium silver color or go with my favorite ford color and go Sonic Blue!? Decisions decisions...

Guest fist302
I have a few, lemme get it painted first for full effect! Also, im trying to decide. Do I repaint it the stock Titanium silver color or go with my favorite ford color and go Sonic Blue!? Decisions decisions...

I like to keep cars the way they came from the factory so id go with silver but sonic blue is awsome. Either way you better post pics!

I like to keep cars the way they came from the factory

I 100% agree. I would repaint it the factory color that came on the car.

The only other acceptable alteration is repainting it another factory color of the same year. However then it requires a much more expensive paint job to do the engine bay etc.

I really want to pick up a mint 89, and a mint 95. First and last of the great Tauri.

Stupid being married and wanting a house and a future ruining all of my dreams lol:p

Guest fist302
I 100% agree. I would repaint it the factory color that came on the car.

The only other acceptable alteration is repainting it another factory color of the same year. However then it requires a much more expensive paint job to do the engine bay etc.

I really want to pick up a mint 89, and a mint 95. First and last of the great Tauri.

Stupid being married and wanting a house and a future ruining all of my dreams lol:p

Hey sho's arent that expensive but its just hard to find a nice one! If i repainted my sho i would either do the factory silver again or white, but i wont have to for a long time. Id love a white 2nd gen with white slicers xD

Hey sho's arent that expensive but its just hard to find a nice one! If i repainted my sho i would either do the factory silver again or white, but i wont have to for a long time. Id love a white 2nd gen with white slicers xD

Recently I made a deal with my wife.........

Option 1: Keep my 2006 GTI DSG with 49k miles that was a bit rough around the edges for my sanity and get a project car (Gen 2 SHO) next summer.

Option 2: Buy a new 2009 GTI 6mt and no project car.

After thinking long and hard I went ahead with the 09 GTI. I love the car, got back into a manual transmission after a 2 year stint with the dual clutch automated manual, ordered the exact car I wanted and did not settle one bit on it.

Of course this still didn't quench my SHO thirst, however with $1,500 in the 09 I can get coilovers and a chip and it will do everything better than any SHO short of the high HP F/I cars such as toolman's.

I love seeing them, I love talking about them, but I don't ever think I will own another one. Its my "first love" in the car world, and I will always drool over them.

Oh, and this is all under the assumption that I don't come across a mint, stock, Gen 2 MTX in moonlight blue with either gray or black interior. If one comes along, then all the above garbage is out the window!!!!

Guest fist302
Yeah i was gonna say i you know you will end up getting another one someday. Sure a GTI is better and so is a million other cars but it aint a SHO! Cant live with em cant live without em. I think about selling mine all the freaking time espcially when its failing me but i keep her at the end of the day. When will i ever find another in such good shape?

Yeah i was gonna say i you know you will end up getting another one someday. Sure a GTI is better and so is a million other cars but it aint a SHO! Cant live with em cant live without em. I think about selling mine all the freaking time espcially when its failing me but i keep her at the end of the day. When will i ever find another in such good shape?

exactly. It seems harder to find a mint gen 2 than a gen 1 now. Over the past year or two it seems every 3-6 months pops up a mint low mileage stock gen 1. It is very hard to find a mint low mileage gen 2, let alone one you know was taken care of (your own).