Pad change on an 06 A4

Nitrousbird

My wife's brakes just started to squeak on her 06 A4. Has 39k on it now, and she is hard on the brakes, so I assume it is about time.

I figure change it now, and I can keep the rotors (that I am sure are expensive for that car). I will probably only do the front pads now, as they dust 3x worse than the back, so I am sure the rears have life left in them.

Any suggestions on pads? Ones that dust less is a BIG must; the stock A4 pads are really bad when it comes to brake dust.

Any special tools I will need to pick up? I've done plenty of brakes, but I know Audi's love special tools and parts (hell, they do even for a freaking oil change), so I want to be prepared.

Guest Removed

i know the akebono's are next to dust free. but can get pricey

might want to pull the wheels and look at the rotors and pads

Edited by Removed

Squeaking is rather normal on the HP brake pads.

I have 60K on mine and I beat the ever living crap out of them. I bet she has plenty left.

I will have to take a look at her pads in the next couple of days. I've honestly been so busy with the new house that I have to make time to take a dump!

Joe,

Look into ceramic centric posi quiet pads, they are inexpensive and make zero noise, and are low dust! They would be perfect for your wife I believe.

-Brandon

If they need replaced, that is for certain what I will look for. Inexpensive is a plus, as we have been hemoraging large amounts of cash the past month.

the pads and the rotors usually wear down together in those cars

the front pads should also have sensors in them

I'm seeing several brake options on this car pads run anywhere from 40-100 in ceramic with the sensors

rotors are about the same

the sensor in the pads is fairly accurate and a light should come on in the dash when the pads are worn out

the pads and the rotors usually wear down together in those cars

the front pads should also have sensors in them

I'm seeing several brake options on this car pads run anywhere from 40-100 in ceramic with the sensors

rotors are about the same

the sensor in the pads is fairly accurate and a light should come on in the dash when the pads are worn out

Truth..

I work I O'Reilly Auto Parts in westerville and can look into pricing and turning the rotors if its an option.

Please give me a call with any questions

614-899-5110..Ask for James or Mike.