5.0 oil pressure??

Stimmel1647545512

I have a nearly stock 1988 5.0 gears headers intake etc.. stock internals and today i noticed that today at idle (800rpm) the oil psi was below 20 on my autometer mechanical gauge nearly toards the 10 side 10w30 oil in it car(prob about due for an oil change) running a tad over 180, is this normal as well any ideas or is the motor about toast? never has any wierd sounds comming out of it even when the gauge was reading low at idle I got out of the car and popped the hood motor sounded perfect still.

Time to rebuild the bottom end?

right from alldata.

Engine Oil Pressure (Hot) 40-60 psi at 2000 rpm

okay well mine hot is at around 30 at 200 rpm

Rob I seriously need to talk to you about pulling the motor and stuff, I know you are busy and I can do the bullshit work like actully pulling the motor and putting it on a stand and all that but I would need you to pull the crank and do bearings etc... im free for the next two weeks IF if had the room at home I would just do it here and bring you the motor PM or call me anytime and lets get somehting worked out asap

Guest Removed

well if you pull it cool...but it would be easyer to just do it here..

want a job? come help me get some shit done here, and make room for your car.

trust me, there is plenty to do here already, before i start another project in here.

Guest Removed
run 20w50 in it you'll get another summer out of it before you need to tear it down

with having it out anyway, might as well rering it and bearing it while im doing head studs and cam and some other shit to it ;)

Guest Removed
its getting close to toast

I've got a shortblock and a set of .040 forgers over here if he or you wants to build a new motor and then just swap it

thats what he should do...just build one then swap it..less down time