d19sevent2 in a wreck early this morning

Qtr_pndr

D19sevent2 (dennis) Totaled his truck this morning, he rolled it then hit a tree and was thrown out. He broke his femur bone and it went through his leg and his face is a messed up He already had surgery on his leg (steel rod) and is getting a bunch of test's run on him. Just say a little prayer for him. I just hope everything turns out ok for him.

Hope he gets better soon!

Damn! Hope it's nothing too serious and he gets better soon!

He had an open compound fracture of his femur, that's never a good thing. Sounds like that's taken care of now and that's, on the surface of things, the most serious thing that happened.

Info on femur fractures.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00364

Cliff's notes, lots of possible bleeding. The broken sharp ends of the bone grind against the muscles causing extreme pain and can cut the main artery that runs through your leg. You can loose a quart or more of blood into your leg with no external bleeding, neglecting the fact that in this case it was an open fracture.

for him to be walking with a broken leg they had to go through his hip to install the Ti rod. i wish they did that with me. they went through my knee and i couldn't walk for a few months.

where did this happen at?

Hope he gets better soon!

He had an open compound fracture of his femur, that's never a good thing. Sounds like that's taken care of now and that's, on the surface of things, the most serious thing that happened.

Info on femur fractures.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00364

Cliff's notes, lots of possible bleeding. The broken sharp ends of the bone grind against the muscles causing extreme pain and can cut the main artery that runs through your leg. You can loose a quart or more of blood into your leg with no external bleeding, neglecting the fact that in this case it was an open fracture.

in the grande scheme of things, an open femur fracture is not a huge deal. 95% of them heal with no further surgery (ask me how i know). assuming he has no other injuries, he'll be just fine. anyone know what hospital he was taken to??