96 hyundai 1.5 dohc water pump?

If you cannot see it driven by the accessory belts, then it is driven by the timing belt. This means that it is time for a timing belt as well. Is it leaking from behind black plastic covers?

If so, it is somewhat extensive work. Can be done at home though.

If you cannot see it driven by the accessory belts, then it is driven by the timing belt. This means that it is time for a timing belt as well. Is it leaking from behind black plastic covers?

If so, it is somewhat extensive work. Can be done at home though.

its driven by the accessory belts i just dont think its something I want to do ha

its driven by the accessory belts i just dont think its something I want to do ha

Oh then it's not that bad, if your doing it at home, you may find it easier to take the engine mount out and jack the engine up that extra 6 inches if the water pump is near the top. I think you are being lazy about it lol. Probably not that bad. It can't be worse than the Cadillac H2O pumps....

register to autozone and they should have the repair guide online for it.

Register to their site, don't use their parts. Dear God we have had a rough time with people putting pep boys/autozone/advanced cheapo stuff on then bringing it to us and wanting us to warranty it....

thats a cake pump and belt it should only take you 3-5 hours even on the ground

cmon over and help then man seriously i got the shit apart except the crank off i just didnt want to get in too deep by myself. once the crank is off the belt should slip right off and new pump goes on and new belt goes on right?

any tips?

anyone want to come over sunday and help or somehting?

Thanks

NO....

the water pump is driven by an accesory belt, but to remove it from the block you need to remove the timing belt becuase its right in the way

I saw this on a Protege today, and was like DOH! and totally thought of this thread. I get what your saying now.

finished the car today let it run for about 15 min filled it back up with coolant during that time and changed the oil before it has the same typical 4cyl valve rattle that it did before no wierd smells or leaking fluids put about 10 miles on it so far hopefuly everyhting stays together.

Is there anyhting I should pay extra attention to after I put a few more miles on it? any sounds I should specificly listen for?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions this is my first time doing a timing belt by myself.