I had to test it for myself.. K&N = waste of $$$$

V8 Beast

I forgot to post this considering how hectic the last few months has been. I took the k&n filter out of my car and replaced it with a cheap paper filter. I know people have talked about it before but I like to test things for myself.

The car dynod the exact (down to the decimal point) same numbers and ran the exact same track times. Dont waste your money on something that will let more dust in your car and not really make a difference.

I forgot to post this considering how hectic the last few months has been. I took the k&n filter out of my car and replaced it with a cheap paper filter. I know people have talked about it before but I like to test things for myself.

The car dynod the exact (down to the decimal point) same numbers and ran the exact same track times. Dont waste your money on something that will let more dust in your car and not really make a difference.

QFT, I beleive this to be true, at least on LS1 f-bodys. Considering my car is speed density you'd think it would see more air and run a slightly leaner A/F, nope. Not to mention I've made passes both ways a few years ago, fuck cleaning the K&N, it ain't worth it.

Note taken? But isn't the point to just buy one k&n filter and just clean it? So won't buy another for a while?

K&N is what like $40 or more dollars, paper is like $5. That's 8 filters, what's the advantage again?

edit: I forgot to mention the $15 cleaner and oil they want you to use.

Plus if you do happen to keep you car for 10 years the little bit of money you save results in oil on your maf (if your not sd), extra dust in your engine, and the hassle of cleaning the pos off. Not really worth it imo.

Guest Removed
Plus if you do happen to keep you car for 10 years the little bit of money you save results in oil on your maf (if your not sd), extra dust in your engine, and the hassle of cleaning the pos off. Not really worth it imo.

that only happens when you over oil it

Guest Removed
It happened to me with a k&N fresh out the box...

yeah, they are over oiled out of the box....

well some of them. hell i have had a few that where dry :rolleyes:

i only bought a k&n for the sticker, it added more hp than the actual filter did

I put my sticker on my garage wall. With all the other stickers my garage now has 1479hp.

yeah, they are over oiled out of the box....

well some of them. hell i have had a few that where dry :rolleyes:

LOL, the first one I had was blue.... I was like :wtf: and took it back. The second one resulted in Dyno Brian and a can of brake cleaner on the dyno. The money spent on the brake cleaner and driving back and forth the autozone cut into my savings lol!

meh the amount of miles i put on my car a year its paid for it self time an time again. plus i have a cai so i cant throw in a normal flat paper filter an trying to find a good cone that will withstand the constant heat, abuse an miles is just not worth it. i used to have a little 4 inch cone filter on there that broke dropped an someone stepped on it. so i had a big asss 9 inch one left over from my fenderwell intake i had for my grand prix. slapped that thing on there two an a half years ago an it works great to this day.

meh the amount of miles i put on my car a year its paid for it self time an time again. plus i have a cai so i cant throw in a normal flat paper filter an trying to find a good cone that will withstand the constant heat, abuse an miles is just not worth it. i used to have a little 4 inch cone filter on there that broke dropped an someone stepped on it. so i had a big asss 9 inch one left over from my fenderwell intake i had for my grand prix. slapped that thing on there two an a half years ago an it works great to this day.

Yeah I've seen the filthy thing, clean it and fix your peon so I can stop hearing about it. Lets race now, tonight, tommarow, this weekend, oh wait yours is broke, fuckstick.

Yeah I've seen the filthy thing, clean it and fix your peon so I can stop hearing about it. Lets race now, tonight, tommarow, this weekend, oh wait yours is broke, fuckstick.

funny thing is i cleaned that filter not even 2 months ago. right before cleveland. i just run a crap ton of miles. an pssss my car is broke yea yeayea then come help me fix it fool!! alex might come an try to help as well this weekend...u know you wannna

anyone have any ideas for this before i buy a K&N for my galant?

i havent seen any i heard af ew people use those team green filters an they hold up to excessive boost. but fuck it just buy the k&n an clean it the right way so no oil gets in your motor. mine has paid for it self time an time again