Crazy Resume

CRed05

yea i saw this like last week on Digg, Its a shame that the resume will be good for a slim amount of jobs.

Look at his list of jobs. I have a slight hunch that he's specifically applying himself to only one field of work.

Dumb. His resume does very little to show what he will actually bring to the table to the employer.

What a past employment was and what their skill sets are mean zero unless they show tangible results of having brought real world value.

Show what you did in measurable and verifiable factors and show companies and vertical markets you serve(ed). As a hiring manager, I don't care where you worked, I care what contacts and companies you worked with and what "value" you brought them and can bring to me.

Bottom line today is if you don't prove you are the best in terms of what you've done and show what you can do for the next employer in the first 90 days, you'll be in the trash in 20 seconds. Effort doesn't get you shit. No one pays for hard work or creativity. It's results that pay the bills.

His references are likely just past employers too. Note to him......no one puts any real wieght on past employer references unless they are bad. You're expected to have shined and been their golden boy. Put clients and those that butter the bread down as ones to call and say how valuable you were to them. Follow the money.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Dumb. His resume does very little to show what he will actually bring to the table to the employer.

What a past employment was and what their skill sets are mean zero unless they show tangible results of having brought real world value.

Show what you did in measurable and verifiable factors and show companies and vertical markets you serve(ed). As a hiring manager, I don't care where you worked, I care what contacts and companies you worked with and what "value" you brought them and can bring to me.

Bottom line today is if you don't prove you are the best in terms of what you've done and show what you can do for the next employer in the first 90 days, you'll be in the trash in 20 seconds.

Effort doesn't get you shit. No one pays for hard work or creativity. It's results that pay the bills.

Creativity gets you called back, gets you noticed. The resume never gets you hired, just gets you the interview. The interview is where you must prove yourself and show what you have done.

With todays job market you have to set yourself apart from every other black and white resume they have seen a million times before.

Creativity gets you called back, gets you noticed. The resume never gets you hired, just gets you the interview. The interview is where you must prove yourself and show what you have done.

With todays job market you have to set yourself apart from every other black and white resume they have seen a million times before.

He'll never get an interview with that resume. Again, creativty gets you noticed, but as a hiring manager, my very first question is what's he brought to the table with all his experience and skills. Answer...he shows me nothing, so obviously, he has nothing. I guarantee you there are numbers of others who have those variables listed out. That's what gets you the interview and gets you noticed.

Setting yourself apart with a resume has very little to do with it's layout. Ask any recruiter or hiring manager and they expect your resume to be easy to follow and read. There are no bonus points for doing what's expected. Just the same, you're expected to work your ass off and meet deadlines, be professional and achieve nothing short of 100% of what is being asked of you. That's what your salary/rate is for. Want more? then be prepared to show you can deliver.

They scan for results. Creative well organinized, pretty and cool, professional resumes are easy to find. This is a classic example of a resume that fits the "all show and no go" model.

Trust me, I've hired tons of people and worked closely and still do with some of the best recruiters around.

I will go so far as to say that anyone with any measurable amount of experience looking for a job in the mid to high level professional market shouldn't even think of doing their own resume.

Hire a pro. Rates will range from a few hundred to say $700 but will guarantee you results. I've gotten every single interview I've ever gone for with mine and I know exactly why. It stands out in terms of results, facts, companies, vertical markets and shows exactly what employers and HR folks are looking for. What I've done in the past, who the accounts specific to their market were, and what I aim to bring to the table for them by hiring me.

He'll never get an interview with that resume. Again, creativty gets you noticed, but as a hiring manager, my very first question is what's he brought to the table with all his experience and skills. Answer...he shows me nothing, so obviously, he has nothing. I guarantee you there are numbers of others who have those variables listed out. That's what gets you the interview and gets you noticed.

Setting yourself apart with a resume has very little to do with it's layout. Ask any recruiter or hiring manager and they expect your resume to be easy to follow and read. There are no bonus points for doing what's expected. Just the same, you're expected to work your ass off and meet deadlines, be professional and achieve nothing short of 100% of what is being asked of you. That's what your salary/rate is for. Want more? then be prepared to show you can deliver.

They scan for results. Creative well organinized, pretty and cool, professional resumes are easy to find. This is a classic example of a resume that fits the "all show and no go" model.

Trust me, I've hired tons of people and worked closely and still do with some of the best recruiters around.

It just seems so easy for everyone to send a resume that even in the last five to ten years things have changed completely. I can remember sitting in school just a few years ago and we were building our resumes and being taught what kind of paper to use. i dont think I have turned in a paper resume in for at least 5 years.

I feel the market is so flooded that things are going to have to change just to get a email reply. For my line of work I must send my resume and digital portfolio and still not get noticed.

I will go so far as to say that anyone with any measurable amount of experience looking for a job in the mid to high level professional market shouldn't even think of doing their own resume.

Hire a pro. Rates will range from a few hundred to say $700 but will guarantee you results. I've gotten every single interview I've ever gone for with mine and I know exactly why. It stands out in terms of results, facts, companies, vertical markets and shows exactly what employers and HR folks are looking for. What I've done in the past, who the accounts specific to their market were, and what I aim to bring to the table for them by hiring me.

i agree 100%

I'll give you an example from my world.

So, I worked at Panasonic as a Regional Manager and then as a National Sales manager. Big F'ing deal. Huge company, great positions, lots of responsiblity and I have tons of IT certifications and training on top of sales training.

Until I tie in my specific and measurable contributions that can use percentages, dollar values and vertical markets and specific customers, all of which can be verifiable and discussed during the interview, none of it means shit.

I had a guy today interview at my new company and I was part of his round-table interview. He was all high and mighty about his MBA, which as referenced on his resume and during our conversations. Has he ever run a regional office? No. Has he ever been responsible for a $27M budget and maintained a P&L for a division with 18 direct reports? No. Has he had any experience with with customers we are working with or targeting? Some, but he couldn't provide any figures or contacts or even tell a ground breaking story that made me stand up and say, "I gotta hire this guy!"

In the end, a very well "qualified" candidate - on paper - but with near zero real world experience or "valuable" anything that would make me want to offer him an $80-$120k/yr job. IMO, the HR person should have screened him way better.

I feel the market is so flooded that things are going to have to change just to get a email reply. For my line of work I must send my resume and digital portfolio and still not get noticed.

I will tell you right now that you're not going to find a decent job via a posting. HR and Recruitment is receiving hundreds to thousands of resumes daily for every posting they put up. If you do even remotely land an interview or get a call, consider it luck.

Your best bet to find a job is to network. I've had a rough 18 months but have found my positions 100% through networking with those that I know.

List out specifics and companies you've done work for and what your work has brought to the table in terms of value/savings/dollars and what you can do that others can't. That will greatly improve your chances. Otherwise, it's just lipstick on a pig in a market overloaded with swine.

Good luck.