Mapping network drives

Sully

Is it possible to map network drives using a specific username and password in a logon script?

Due to Domain changes and some other recent issues, we are not able to access folders/files on our network when logging in with our NEW domain account. I have to manually go to each computer and map each drive with the user's OLD domain account.

Until we can get this issue resolved, I would like to put a temporary logon script on each user's profile that will map their network drives using their OLD domain account. Is this possible?

To try to make it a bit more clear, when I go to a computer, I right click on My Computer, click on Map Network Drive. I select the drive letter and specify the folder. Then I click on "Connect Using A Different User Name". Another window pops up. In that window, I specify the user name as "domain\username" (where domain is the OLD domain) and then put in their password in the password field.

So, can this be accomplished in a logon script? If so, how?

Thanks!

If you need to map a drive to another domain...

NET USE

[devicename | *] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]]

[/uSER:[domainname\]username]

[/uSER:[dotted domain name\]username]

[/uSER:[username@dotted domain name]

[/sMARTCARD]

[/sAVECRED]

[[/DELETE] | [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]]

NET USE {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME

NET USE [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]

unless you set all of their old passwords to the same thing, I dont see how this is gonna work.

Have you ever created a domain trust? you can have you old domain trust a security group from the new domain, and just need to edit the ACLs on the file server to reflect changes.