Touch up paint????

Littleguy

So, I have some touch up paint and I want to use it to fix some rock chips myself on my car this weekend. Does anybody have any good techniques? Is there anything special I need to do to prevent rust where the chips were? Also, one particular chip is 4mm on each side so it is pretty large, any particular tips for this area? One thing that concerns me is that it is a pearl paint job. Thanks in advance for the help.

Guest tbutera2112

go to dealer to get exact paint, no autozone crap

other than that, just apply paint lightly to cover the spot and then let it dry 30mins then do another coat if it needs it, then wait 24 hours and put clear over it

i just did my moms and it was graphite pearl, and it came out fine

and dont let thorne help, the whole car will have spots on it

I am getting it from the dealer, my main concern is how to apply it, dry, etc to make it be the least noticable after it is done. Like what should I use to apply it? How exactly do I do it? What about the clear after, how do I do that? Edited by Littleguy
Cause I'm a P.I.M.P.

Guest tbutera2112
I am getting it from the dealer, my main concern is how to apply it, dry, etc to make it be the least noticable after it is done. Like what should I use to apply it? How exactly do I do it? What about the clear after, how do I do that?

it comes with a pen tip, it works like a rollerball...if it doesnt roll, tap it on something to free up the ball, then roll it on.... if the spot is more than a line, use the brush

if you wanna use the pen tip, twist the cap off, remove the little plastic cup, put the cap back on it and go

Depending on how you get the paint will change how you apply it. Because I have paint in pints, I use fingernail polish brushes.

I go to any store, and buy fingernail polish clear coat. Once its back to the shop, I dump it out and fill it with paint thinner. Then I always have a touch up brush ready to go. If you buy 2 then you have clear coat to put on over your base. I dont need that.

Application.

Put on light coats, I wait 5 minutes if that to apply the next coat. Depending on what Im doing I may put on one heavy coat. Door edges I put a nice thick coat on. Hood, fenders, I like to go light. I dont put clear on after the base. It really a waste of time and either way it will still leave and edge where eventually it can peel back up anyway.

Guest tbutera2112
it comes with a brush...you wont need a finger nail polish brush....kevin uses one because he said he buys it in pints, your touch up will be a tiny tube