Gun Safe

troyec001

The past two days every general question I have gets questioned with very specific expected answers, but I appreciate that.

Actually, I was looking for all around. I'm planning on getting a medium sized long rifle safe, but I was also interested in some of the smaller safes. Dunno if I plan on getting a smaller safe but it might help out for present ideas later on.

And I want the super gay pink rainbow deer on the front...and antlers. it must have antlers on it.

Black is fine.

Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron.

That is Vances sister store.

As far as safes go, make sure of the following.

1. Get a heavy duty safe, not just a metal gun cabinet.

2. Bolt it to the floor GOOD, They are fairly easy to open if you can get them on tipped on their back.

There are a few other tricks I can tell you about to deal with the crooks that like torches or cutting wheels.

Other then that, if a crook wants your stuff bad enough, they will get it.

Make sure your insurance covers your guns.

Edited by flounder

Get one size bigger than you think you need. I like external hinges too so the door can open all the way.

Another thing, the hinges are for the door to swing on only. They don't have anything to do with the locking. If its locked and someone breaks the hinges it still is gonna be locked. I think they are kind of helpful in the fact that most criminals are not too smart and will waste time trying to break the hinge off only to realize they still can't open it.

Also don't put the safe in your garage right next to your cutting torch and tools.

ideally you would want it in an area with a wall on the back and both sides. bolt it to the floor, then bolt it to the wall on the left and the right, and bolt it to the back too...

its not coming out... unless you are on vacation for two months ;)