good 3" turbo resonator/mufflers? want quiet

Bam

ok, i need some recommendations for a good,fairlyquiet 3" resonator's/mufflers for a turbo car.

this is my first heavily modded turbo car and so i'm not sure of what things sound like.

i'm not looking for stock quiet, but stealthy would be nice as well as be able to cruise without ears bleeding. so yeah, i already have the 3" dp, now i just neeed to build the rest of my exhaust.

would you guys do one muffler/resonator, or two? etc?

this is how it will go....

3" dp to pipe to muffler, split into two 2.5" back to the bumper.

so should i have a resonator in the middle and then a muffler on each tailpipe?

thnks

its going to drone with that 3" no matter what you do

I would run the same setup derek has and dynomat the interior to kill the noise

yeah that drone is what really sucks.

Well the last time i rode in his car i had an ear infection and it really bothered my ears, now i've been on meds for a couple weeks i think it won't be as bad, but yeah.

do you know if anyone runs a cutout on a 2.3? because I could run the 3" dp to a 3" cutout, and then take the rest of the exhaust down to 2.5" from there, would that help with the drone?

And Reed, aren't cherrybombs and glasspacks really loud and annoying sounding?

a turbo quiets the exhaust down quiet a bit. so using a long cherry bomb or glass pack will work out good. I have the slp powerflow muffler on my truck. its a straight through design with a lot of packing. it sunds real good when you want it to and is quiet while cruising. just expensive though

Tanabe has got to be hands down one of the quietest 3" exhausts I have heard, had 3" downpipe, gutted cat, resonator and muffler all 3". It was so damn quiet even under WOT. It was not stock quiet, but for a 3" it was quiet, no I don't have obnoxiously loud cars either.

a turbo quiets the exhaust down quiet a bit. so using a long cherry bomb or glass pack will work out good. I have the slp powerflow muffler on my truck. its a straight through design with a lot of packing. it sunds real good when you want it to and is quiet while cruising. just expensive though

What he said. With hondas you can tell turbo vs n/a, the n/a are loud as hell but where mine is quite until you set into it