Rough Song Cut - thoughts?

Slimpsy1647545505

Me and a few friends were recording some stuff in my basement recently. I'm on guitar in this track. The track is slightly out of sync. But I think it turned out alright. The singer is one of my close friends. . he's one of those singers you either love or hate I guess. Vocals kinda sound like blues traveler a bit perhaps.

But anyway. . . I'd like to see if anyone would like us to make some more tunes.

This song we all wrote together .. . it's a real relative tune. . about basically a "bitch" leaving you and you being happy about it more or less. I hope some of you can dig it.

Thanks!

Download FarewellMixdown

Definitely got the John Popper influence in the vocals. Not my type of music but I know people would eat it up locally. Good cut too, for being 'rough'.

Only criticism I have is for the vocalist to try and stray a little from John Popper. Or just join a cover band.

Here is the reply from my Friend:

-----

I can detect in influence from Boston as well as soft rock from the 90s possibly. The song needs back up and the drummer needs to do some rolls on his toms. (Floor toms would be a huge plus!) Towards the end it sounds like it's the end of the song and it's a little too sudden. If it could fade out as suppose to just kinda stopping it would sound much better or just forget the whole dying down part and just make it die out all together in the end instead of bringing it back. The song has potential, but I wouldn't use the word shiiiit because the song sounds kinda like a rock ballad about an ex, not really an angry song that would call for such words. If that word was changed or the line of lyrics around there to make it all flow I think it could get really easy radio play especially around the college stations... college stations cannot have sware words. Like I said the song sounds so smooth that shiiiiiit doesn't really fit it to me.

Also the recording needs to come up. It almost sounds too soft, but if you had an electric guitar with gain on 3 for most of the song and an acostic for the intro and possible outro you would have a killer!

-----

KillJoy

not too bad, but you guys should straight start a blues traveler cover band

As a longtime traveler fan, he sounds close and maybe if he tried he could be closer, but that is popper, close but not gonna sound good to the traveler fan.

I do like it tho, and he should try a cover just for fun.

I would buy a cd if you had one for sale, its cool to hear something new that has a familar sound.