Going to the dark side......Apple iMac

HAOLE

So after years of fighting the pc problems. I am going to the dark side.

So school me on what I need to know. I am looking at a 20" iMac. Where is the best place to buy, Apple store, microcenter,bestbuy?

Wow...you're already like a Mac user because you felt the need to tell us you were getting a Mac but used the ever so clever Mac users camouflage by asking where to purchase one. YOU BUY THEM AT THE STORE. You don't see people asking where to get a Toshiba.

I hope we get to hear about how much you love the Mac as much as your back massages now.

• Upvote 1

Lol Ryan and i were working on our cars in my driveway. We drive off to test a few changes to his volvo we get back to realize his Macbook was sitting on the back of my camry while the keys to the nissan were on the back of the nissan. He says hes glad nobody stole his laptop and i say im glad nobody stole my car. lolryan "Yea but my laptop cost more then your car"

you wont regret it. I never got the whole Mac craze, then I picked up a 13 inch white macbook with the upgraded guts to do my research on and now I am hopelessly addicted to apple products. I'm looking at the same 20" imac, I have the iphone 3g, time capsule (500gb hard drive) and the apple tv.

Its a pretty nice set up, its taken years to save and build. But everything sync's together seamlessly so I can access all my tunes and movies pretty much anywhere. When I shopped for my DD it made the ipod hook up in car a necessity.

You should go to http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and find a version of OSx you want to run. Then you should look over the compatibility list and piece together x86 hardware to build a working machine. Then I suggest you install OSx and Windows XP so you can load windows when OSx won't work for your applications...

OR be a nerd and build a very high end machine with quad core processor, a shit ton of memory, 2 identical high end video cards and monitors, and run parallels with windows xp on your right monitor and OSx on the left as normal. Then you won't have to dual boot.

You will probably spend less money going with my first suggestion then going to the Apple store. But whatever works for you is fine.

You should go to http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and find a version of OSx you want to run. Then you should look over the compatibility list and piece together x86 hardware to build a working machine. Then I suggest you install OSx and Windows XP so you can load windows when OSx won't work for your applications...

OR be a nerd and build a very high end machine with quad core processor, a shit ton of memory, 2 identical high end video cards and monitors, and run parallels with windows xp on your right monitor and OSx on the left as normal. Then you won't have to dual boot.

You will probably spend less money going with my first suggestion then going to the Apple store. But whatever works for you is fine.

My wife loves her Hackintosh short of one bug were still trying to nail down.