so I googled fastest car in the world

Dave1647545494

Guest Removed
"The Veyron pulled 10 feet on launch." "Then the Areo pulled a car every gear."

sounds like cr bus lenghts to me :confused:

Might be fast, but it's an ugly ass car.

true. but its the fastest, so it can be ugly

When will you realize that maybe it is YOU who likes ugly shit and not the rest of the world?

i was thinking something like that.

i mean, at some point, all that extra HP and speed is just junk weighing down your MPG. You are never, ever going to stretch that car anywhere near 270mph. Most will never get it beyond 150mph.

So my question is...

Why not just start building cars that look sweet, but are practical?

i mean, at some point, all that extra HP and speed is just junk weighing down your MPG. You are never, ever going to stretch that car anywhere near 270mph. Most will never get it beyond 150mph.

So my question is...

Why not just start building cars that look sweet, but are practical?

LOL....if you are buying a car like that MPG isn't really a concern.

Bring it down to Texas and you can see 200+ legally... ;)

i thought it was the bugatti veyron?

the veyron was never the fastest car in the world because no one has ever ran one back to back in both directions like the rules require. it was officially the koenigsegg CCX(or CCR maybe, one of those) at ~245MPH or so, then SSC took over from there.

it hasnt ever ran 270 has it? they claim it can, but the guinness run is only 255.8

new model supposedly can reach it since its got 15% more power than the previous, but i havent seen where its been done

they havn't found the right stretch of pavement yet. the car was still pulling when they shut down on their record runs.

"The Veyron pulled 10 feet on launch." "Then the Areo pulled a car every gear."

link? would love to read about that!

Anything with Focus headlights can not look good.

...says the dude who owns one of the most hideous vehicles ever penned! i love the 300s, but DAMN are they ugly!!!

the veyron was never the fastest car in the world because no one has ever ran one back to back in both directions like the rules require. it was officially the koenigsegg CCX(or CCR maybe, one of those) at ~245MPH or so, then SSC took over from there.

"No such problem developed on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, because it is not a half-baked aftermarket or boutique road burner. It is a production car developed and tested to the standards of Volkswagen, Bugatti's parent company. With a top speed of 253 mph, it is also the fastest production car ever built."

~Car And Driver Magazine 2005

Its unofficial but last I checked 253 is faster than 245. I dont even know if anyone has seen the SSC do what they claim yet... A few test drivers have got the bugatti up in the 250's to prove it could do it.

and it could be argued that it's going 253MPH with a strong tail wind. besides, your quoting car & driver for crying out loud! all of the standard auto mags pack their articles full of BS.

the SSC ultimate aero record run was recorded and confirmed in both directions by the guinness record organizations. the guinness dudes were also on hand to record and confirm the koenigsegg CCR runs in nardo, italy too.

is it not unreasonable for a run in 2 directions within 1 hour of each being required? it makes perfect sense, and is standard for ALL speed record organizations. it's such a simple requirement to meet that it's pretty damn odd that bugatti chose not to comply. then again, everything surrounding this car has been fishy, including the extremely limited reviews(no publishing of performance numbers besides straight line allowed) and track tests(it took years before they actually allowed top gear to run it on their track).

Ok, well how about wikipedia :)

"Although the car does have a Guinness World Records certificate, many people still find it hard to believe that the SSC Ultimate Aero topped the Bugatti Veyron on maximum speed. One of the reasons is that this car was never seen on camera, under credible circumstances, reaching the claimed top speed, unlike the Bugatti Veyron. Other reasons are the place where the top speed was reached (road instead of dedicated race track), and the car weight data, that according to some do not seem credible or even feasible.

Jeremy Clarkson said that the test driver was "a 71 year old man", and that he does not believe that the car really is better than the Bugatti Veyron.

Some critics do admit the possibility that the car does indeed live up to the Guinness World of Records certificate, but that does not in any way mean the car is better than the Veyron. They claim that the Veyron was designed to be a normal german sportscar (you can get it to the supermarket, and beat a world record on your way home), with all the luxury, elegance, safety and reliability, that the SSC Ultimate Aero does not have.

Others say that the SSC Ultimate Aero isn't the fastest street-legal road car, because that place belongs to the Koenigsegg CCX.

In spite of all doubts and criticisms and the way these are qualified, it is true however that the SSC Ultimate Aero has never been shown on camera and under credible circumstances (such as having its speed measured by a GPS tachometer) reaching the claimed speed."

No matter how you look at it the bugatti is proven. It may not have been in two directions but it has been done.

LMAO! dude, none of that is even cited! it's just a bunch of butt hurt veyron fans spewing their bullshit opinions everywhere(it was on the veyron page too, lack of sources and all). i mean, all of that is absoloute bullshit by wikipedias article standards(original research, opinions, uncited statements not allowed).

BTW, obviously unknown to the butt hurt fanboys, the ultimate aero WAS GPS tracked, and by guinness too. further more, the veyron is STILL not the fastest production car in the world since it has yet to make the back to back runs in opposite directions(i think i excluded that part earlier, mah bad). the runs are made in opposite directions to account for possible slopage of the road, head or tail wind, etc.

dude, i'm really not sure what to tell you(or the butt hurt fanboys). the mclaren F1, which was once the fastest production car in the world, achieved its speed with a tune that removed the rev limiter and also non-factory tires, yet it was never questioned.

the koenigsegg CCR was officially recorded in nardo, italy, by the guinness crew, following standard speed record regulations(that are used by both FIA and SCTA, the 2 largest timing organizations in the world), and it was never questioned.

the bugatti veyron didn't even follow standard testing regulations, yet it was never questioned("oh, but we have video of it going a certain speed only 1 way!!!").

but, all of a sudden the SSC ultimate aero TT is questioned??? i mean, it's obvious that it's because they are a small time american manufacturer. is it still the 'muscle car' stigma or something??? this is outright rediculous! if guinness was good enough for the koenigsegg CCR speed, then they are good enough for the SSC ultimate aero TTs speed!

i mean, really, if the guinness crew aren't 'credible' enough(they are only the largest world record keeping organization in the world), then who the fuck is???

edit to add the most proof you'll get, short of riding shotgun...

the telemetry data was gathered by a dewetron GPS data aquisition system. note that this is the SAME GPS LOGGER used by top gear in their bugatti veyron top speed video.

Edited by Ry_Trapp0

My biggest possible argument is in the word 'production' car. I would say by #'s made, sold and how it's designed and made, the Veyron definitely meets the criteria of what I would consider a production car. Whether you agree or disagree if the Aero is a production car or not, most people can agree that there could be an argument either way for that.

Yeah, the Aero is probably faster than the Veyron. I've not looked into it enough to say what I think one way or the other. But everything says that it's faster, so it probably is. They Veyron is still way cooler in my book for so many other reasons.

LMAO! dude, none of that is even cited! it's just a bunch of butt hurt veyron fans spewing their bullshit opinions everywhere(it was on the veyron page too, lack of sources and all). i mean, all of that is absoloute bullshit by wikipedias article standards(original research, opinions, uncited statements not allowed).

BTW, obviously unknown to the butt hurt fanboys, Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Who cares.. the Veyron is still on a different level of car with much better qualities and luxuries, while I'm willing to bet the SSC is just a hunk of shit built in production numbers for one reason- Speed. You're getting far too defensive for never having driven either car, to be honest.

i'm not getting defensive about anything, just stating facts. i'm certainly not a fanboy of either(gimme a koenigsegg CCX, or pagani zonda R clubsport!), though definatly a fan of both. i mean, i'm sorry if it came off that way because someone referenced not only a wikipeida article, but a wikipedia article that doesn't even follow wikipedias own guidelines.

BTW, your making baseless assumptions without having driven either car, let alone even seeing either one.

Who cares.. the Veyron is still on a different level of car with much better qualities and luxuries, while I'm willing to bet the SSC is just a hunk of shit built in production numbers for one reason- Speed. You're getting far too defensive for never having driven either car, to be honest.[/quote

really? ok in that case let us put that mentality into the veyron..

you can down play any car to sound stupid.. thats like saying i bet the veyron is a pos it is only made to look nice and go in a straight line... bla bla bla

when we know that is not the case...

I think they are just mad because they dont see how a v8 with turbos can beat there supercar that almost no one can afford anyway..

reminds me of a kit car.

Truer words were never spoken. It is not a quality super car, just a fast 4wheel rocket with a disposable engine.

You can build a 250mph car for less than the cost of an SSC. A streat legal, comfortable, less ugly, and possibly even better equipped, 250mph car.