Thoughts on a C6 upgrade.

Solo Vette

Alright since I cannot keep things very long anymore i.e. cars, girlfriends, money in the bank.....

I am looking at trading my 04 C5 auto coupe in for a C6. I will be looking for an auto once again, want a red one, but considering yellow. Any thoughts from current C6 owners? I have found a paddle shift 07 yellow coupe for a decent price, well equipped i.e. heated power seats, HUD, XM, and I did't pay attention to the rest. Mileage is under 20k.

Any thoughts? Not sure I am going to do it, but kicking the idea around. I really like my '04, and the rear of the C6 still has not grown on me yet.

Just thinking.

That is what I have heard, however I do not drive my Vettes very much, and well that isn't a huge concern. Besides the women in my life will not care about the crappy paddle shift.

so then why spend the extra money on somethign thall sit as much as the one you have now? you love the one you have... so ide say no. both are bad ass cars but if you rarely drive it just stick with what you have. mabey thrwo some parts on it to change the feel of the car

Guest tbutera2112
so then why spend the extra money on somethign thall sit as much as the one you have now? you love the one you have... so ide say no. both are bad ass cars but if you rarely drive it just stick with what you have. mabey thrwo some parts on it to change the feel of the car

this

Well there are a few features I wouldn't mind having, and it is now coming down to putting tires on the car so starts the decision as to whether or not to spend the money on this one, or upgrade. I buy my cars for wholesale, and the upgrade is not going to be a rediculous increase.

make sure it's z51

make sure it's 6 speed

make sure it's LS3 all the minor bolt ons you do to the ls2 will only take you to LS3 power

don't get the grand sport they are ugly

Rob I would like to have the LS3, however the two my wholesale guy has are both LS2's. One is a base so I am assuming it is not a Z51 car, and it is ugly. The other is a fairly well equipped yellow coupe,htd seats, HUD, not sure on it being a Z51 either. As for the transmission, I am buying an auto.

Thanks for the input guys still not sure, if the rain lets up, I will drive a couple and make the decision from there.

Guest Removed
make sure it's z51

make sure it's 6 speed

make sure it's LS3 all the minor bolt ons you do to the ls2 will only take you to LS3 power

don't get the grand sport they are ugly

he dont do bolt ons...

he dont want a 6 speed as already stated

he dont give a shit what motor is in it.

he isnt building a fast car, he just like's owning penis extensions

by 6-speed i ment the 6-speed auto the fact you wanted an automatic was already stated even though i would never buy one each person has their own preferences and i was not trying to tell you autos suck and to get a manual tranny (even though they do:)) quess i should have been more specific.

and if you can get the vin numbers i can get you the build sheet if he he is unable to tell you what all it is equiped with.

by 6-speed i ment the 6-speed auto the fact you wanted an automatic was already stated even though i would never buy one each person has their own preferences and i was not trying to tell you autos suck and to get a manual tranny (even though they do:)) quess i should have been more specific.

and if you can get the vin numbers i can get you the build sheet if he he is unable to tell you what all it is equiped with.

I see, yes it is a 6 speed, and it is a Z51, I am just waiting for the weather to clear up enough to drive it. The only drawback is the interior color, gray leather. The carpet and trim are black, but the seats are two tone, just wish it was all black. Oh and yes I know the autos suck, I completely agree, however I just want a weekend trip car. Just something to jump in and drive, and if I do not want to think about driving I can. I also want to avoid the expensive clutch replacement. Besides if I feel the need to shift and beat the shit out of something I have the Stang for that.