canon ae-1 camera 35mm slr CHEAP!!

SRTurbo04

******** new price 30$ ************

ive got a canon ae-1 camera 35mm slr but on the lens it says cannon fd 50mm also comes with 3 clear lense looking things that says 52mm on them i dont know anything about cameras an some said they coudl be a lens another said they could be a filter

also has a cannon speedlite 155a flash that connects up top

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/shared/speedlites/Speedlite155A/Speedlite155amdm.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_AE-1 info can be had here

here a a pic off wiki

http://nicolodeon.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/canon-ae1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/Canon_AE-1.JPG/800px-Canon_AE-1.JPG

http://www.ingefot.com.ar/imagenes_productos/CANON-AE1-ARRIBA.jpg

i havent used it in about a year but it worked last time i used it. i dont know what its worth i see them ranging on ebay an craigstlist for 80-150 with out lens's since it has 4 lenses an flash ill sell it for 100 obo reasonable offers wont be refused *** new PRICE 30bucks ***

Edited by Paul
changing the price

A friendly bump to say I have one of these, and for a 35mm film camera, it's one of the most "user friendly" out there... fully manual control (great for folks taking photography classes), automatic modes, lots of lenses/accessories, and with the popularity it enjoyed when it came out, should you ever need it, repair documentation is pretty easy to find, and the parts probably aren't too difficult, either.

A friendly bump to say I have one of these, and for a 35mm film camera, it's one of the most "user friendly" out there... fully manual control (great for folks taking photography classes), automatic modes, lots of lenses/accessories, and with the popularity it enjoyed when it came out, should you ever need it, repair documentation is pretty easy to find, and the parts probably aren't too difficult, either.
thanks it has about 5 booklets with it as well an i think one of a repair manuel as well i just never use it at all any more

If you were to get the fild developed, could you get a digital copy? and what resolution would it be?

ummm i dont know anythign about cameras i just point an shoot an this thing allowed me to do so im sure you could. mabey some of the photo gusy will chime in. check out the wiki link i posted that might help

If you were to get the fild developed, could you get a digital copy? and what resolution would it be?

just googled it. i know that with disposable cameras(still film) you can have them put on a disc an also you can scan photos with a scanner at most photo locations so im gonna say yes

Depends on where you take it. CVS offers this if you have them send it out to Kodak for developing, instead of using the in-store machine. Actual results taken with my AE-1 at my 10-year class reunion a couple of years ago live here. I'd have to dig out the negatives, but I think rolls 1-3 were ASA400, and roll 4 was ASA800. I was a dork, forgot my flash, and had to pull some pretty crummy adjustments to get enough light on the film :(

Depends on where you take it. CVS offers this if you have them send it out to Kodak for developing, instead of using the in-store machine. Actual results taken with my AE-1 at my 10-year class reunion a couple of years ago live here. I'd have to dig out the negatives, but I think rolls 1-3 were ASA400, and roll 4 was ASA800. I was a dork, forgot my flash, and had to pull some pretty crummy adjustments to get enough light on the film :(

:(

Ramsey, could you elaborate on the frown? I pulled out the negatives and prints... are you not happy with the Kodak scanning (which is kinda crappy, to be honest), the high film-speed fuzziness (rolls 1-2 are ASA400, 3-4 are ASA800), or something else? Keep in mind that I'm not exactly a photo professional here, and none of the pictures really had what could be considered "decent" lighting... they're all in shadows, back-lighting, that sort of crap.

Ramsey, could you elaborate on the frown? I pulled out the negatives and prints... are you not happy with the Kodak scanning (which is kinda crappy, to be honest), the high film-speed fuzziness (rolls 1-2 are ASA400, 3-4 are ASA800), or something else? Keep in mind that I'm not exactly a photo professional here, and none of the pictures really had what could be considered "decent" lighting... they're all in shadows, back-lighting, that sort of crap.

Just the grainyness, like here is a point-n-shoot shot from my current sony http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/DSC00641.jpg?t=1248296210 i dont see the grains.

Just the grainyness, like here is a point-n-shoot shot from my current sony http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/DSC00641.jpg?t=1248296210 i dont see the grains.

The graininess is result of the film speed. Traditional film will always pick up that grain when the shutter is held open for as long as I had to :( High speed films are really meant for two situations: Lots of light with big-ass lenses (like auto races and sports arenas), or high contrast night-time work (fireworks, Hawaiian flame dances). I was trying to make the best of a crummy situation, and it shows. Digital cameras will get that too, though not always as noticeable. Some of the really good photo people here could certainly tell you more about it.

The graininess is result of the film speed. Traditional film will always pick up that grain when the shutter is held open for as long as I had to :( High speed films are really meant for two situations: Lots of light with big-ass lenses (like auto races and sports arenas), or high contrast night-time work (fireworks, Hawaiian flame dances). I was trying to make the best of a crummy situation, and it shows. Digital cameras will get that too, though not always as noticeable. Some of the really good photo people here could certainly tell you more about it.

I wasnt trying to hate on your photos, cuz i know you said with no flash and i didnt know that would relate to the grain. Im gonna google 35mm digital photos...

I wasnt trying to hate on your photos, cuz i know you said with no flash and i didnt know that would relate to the grain. Im gonna google 35mm digital photos...

No worries :) Just trying to make sure folks understand that it isn't the camera's fault those pics don't look studio-quality, it was the twit behind it that didn't plan ahead. 35mm DSLR's can knock the socks off what Paul's offering, but at 10x the cost :(

No worries :) Just trying to make sure folks understand that it isn't the camera's fault those pics don't look studio-quality, it was the twit behind it that didn't plan ahead. 35mm DSLR's can knock the socks off what Paul's offering, but at 10x the cost :(

thanks for all your help. i dont know jack about cameras ha. an yea there are plenty of newer nicer cameras out there but...not for 60 bucks

Id like to see a sample shot taken with the camera, to see what the image comes out looking like. I want a new camera, and this looks like it could be fun.

...buy the camera, take shot, develop bam

35mm DSLR's can knock the socks off what Paul's offering, but at 10x the cost :(

20-30x if you really want the same resolution, and dynamic range and detail film can yield. I will say this camera can do the same if not better than a DSLR, but just not as easily or quickly for the average Joe. However, give it to me, add the right lighting and you'll questions if digital has any benefits ;) Wish I had kept my old Nikon Film Bodies. Been digital since 1997 though.

Good luck. Nice camera and still as good as day one of it's life I'm sure.

Can you take a pic of what you actually have? model numbers?

this is my only camera so i cant take a pic of a camera with my camera lol. its 100% like the one in the pics no dents no dings no cracks . all three 52mm filets are great my scratches on the lens's. i think theres s scratch of the flash piece but doesnt affect anything

not sure what you mean by model numbers? its the ae-1

The graininess..............Digital cameras will get that too, though not always as noticeable. Some of the really good photo people here could certainly tell you more about it.

Grain or noise on digitals is related to the size of the photostats - number of pixels aka megapixels as measured in Pixel pitch or Grain e/DN and noise reduction algorithms in the camera. Even the P&S ones have come a long way over the past couple years though.

I'm in process of making an upgrade decision and will likely stay with Canon. The 5D MKII Sensor dynamic range = 65700/2.5 = 26,280 = 14.7 stops, which is among the best out there right now.

Yes. Look for a lab that creates digital images directly from the negative. Most pro-labs will. Most are using essentially the same printing process for film and digital now, thus eliminating the chemical process. Essentially they scan and create digital images from negatives. Once they have it they can burn you a CD just the same as they offer for digital. Check with the lab what the resolution is going to be. It will depend on the film you shoot too.

Yes. Look for a lab that creates digital images directly from the negative. Most pro-labs will. Most are using essentially the same printing process for film and digital now, thus eliminating the chemical process. Essentially they scan and create digital images from negatives. Once they have it they can burn you a CD just the same as they offer for digital. Check with the lab what the resolution is going to be. It will depend on the film you shoot too.

edit.