Finding my fathers old toyota.

boosted98gst

I know this is a long long long long shot, but in the past year or two me and my father have been talking about his old 1974 toyota sprinter/tureno He imported the car back from okinawa japan in 1989. While in okinawa he had the car imported from the mainland of japan due to the rareness of finding one in good shape and rust free in okinawa. While in okinawa he had the motor fully built to a 2-tg it was stroked and hi comp alum rod set up. ( not good with toyota motors) but even back then he had over 10k in the motor alone . The car makes 2 japanese magazines but back then nothing made it to the internet lol. It was also rare for an American "white" guy being into japanese car's yet also making a very well rounded tasteful car. . Either way the car comes to Long Beach port california on boat, Back then it only cost 500$ to made the car US street legal and they did it right outside of long beach. The car is then fully stripped down bare metal , he cuts out all the metal renforcement that the DOT people welds into the door beams, and then send's to a vintage car painter and the car is fully painted inside and out.

As a kid I had so many good times helping my dad grab tools or just watching him wash and wax the car. Id pretty much give alot to have this car back. I remember in late 1993 a asian guy from san diego named "chow" bought the car. My dad thinks the car is prolly gone in some junk yard or crashed, I do know street racing was very very big in SD at the time and the guy chow did tell my dad he was into racing. I will still always remember what a 2tg rev'ing to 10k with gear drive and mekuni side draf . Anyways enough rambling on anyone know any idea how I could even start trying to find the car?

shit i just wana see some pics

It was an amazing car at the time my dad was in the marines and was going to desert shield then desert storm, then operation restore hope. We tryed to have our family in japan find the old magazies and pic's but no one can find anything even the pic's that were taken in oceanside were long gone. My mom said at the time they were tigth on money and he had to get rid of the car fast as possible. I know Southern california has an old import show every year and if it was still around someone has to know about them because of them being rare in the states. I know if the car is in or even close to the shape it was in they would want alot of money for it. Id even be happy just to find the car and talk to the owner and let them know our side of the story and how it came back to the united states ect.

Is this what they look like?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/2918379706_63713e3de5.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/2917548681_f899f7cc19_m.jpg

on my god that top picture looks 100% of what it looked like color and watatbe wheels , only thing different was he took the front fender mirrors off I think. What is weird he had the color painted that color which was moss green. Im not even sure if its an oem color or not but thats the exact look of the car.