stripping chrome?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

i hate these chrome wheels on my truck...too much maintenance and they always look like shit

i have a busted wheel here i can practice on, i want to paint them black

ill use my broken wheel and mess with it until i figure out the proper way to do the rest

how do i get the chrome off? wheelmedic was saying they send them out to be stripped...is there anyway to do it at home? they want a lot of money to take chrome wheels and make them black

Guest tbutera2112
bead blast them...

chemical dip

where could i find the chemical dip in large enough quantities to dip 20x9 wheels into it? and by that point, would it be worth the cost over paying wheel medic?

Guest Removed
is there any brake pads that dont dust? i just dont have time to wash these wheels everyday...they turn black after one day of driving

akebono's

i may have set in stock for yours..i have to check tho

is there any brake pads that dont dust? i just dont have time to wash these wheels everyday...they turn black after one day of driving

i had that same problem i bought some pads that were $39.00 a set at napa no dust no more.

Guest tbutera2112
ok let me know... i guess this can be locked up, i figured there was an easier way of painting on chrome, but i dont want it to look like shit

Guest tbutera2112
i had that same problem i bought some pads that were $39.00 a set at napa no dust no more.

i just paid that much for the pads that are on it...ill probably try robs $3000 pads lol

Guest Removed
i just paid that much for the pads that are on it...ill probably try robs $3000 pads lol

they are not that much homo....

not my fault ford cheaped out on the f150's and exploders and didnt use akebonos on those, to save .30c on pads.... thats why those have a dusting issue.then they went back to using them in 03

call dana tomorrow afternoon and have her price you pads number ACT702

Guest Removed

i can get the akebonos for your truck for 80.00

now the street preformance ones are higher..but a higher dollar street/racing pad

Guest tbutera2112

ahhh...im so set on doing this...just dont wanna ask wheel medic for a quote again since i just asked them like a month ago...i lost the PM :( lol...anyone know what they charge to strip chrome and then powder coat black?

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/x3nosyth3/body%20work/0710091411-black.jpg

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/x3nosyth3/body%20work/CIMG0102-black.jpg