Need turbo help!

4EYE3D

Im looking into buying a turbo for the Nissan and a little lost on what to get. I know the stock 300zx turbo uses a T3 for the 1984 and 85. Im looking into buying a t3/t4 hybrid but need to know if ill need somebody to make me a custom down pipe or exhaust headers or what. Or if you know of some reading material that you found useful about turbos plz share!

join up on the zcar.com an 300zxclub.com

both good sites i used alot when i had my z31

oh an just go to the junk yard and get a stock manifold an turbo of f a turbo car. go to the forums an cehck the checklist of stuff you need to make it work. very easy swap

is your car stock turbo or Na? If your wanting to build a some what cheap kit. get the z31 turbo manifold from a junkyard or web site, and use any T3 footprint nissan turbo. Since rbXX motors are so popular now you have alot of options in what turbo's people are selling. Try finding a rb25det t3 should be great for making a car around 350 or less and be great for your motor size.

just a heads up the vg30(your motor) cant hold much power worth shit. if you built it for less then a 100 fron a junk yard itll be fine but if you spent amy more money, itll just be a waste of your time an money.

oh an make sure you replace the timing belt tentioner SPRING... just a SPRING its a 35cent part that blew up my motor AHHHHHH

its stock n/a and i found a cleaned out stock manifold on ebay. and, don't know why your name is now that, rhino pubes from what ive read every where else the vg30e is pretty strong why do you say it cant hold power?