Autozone

4EYE3D

It all started when I noticed my spark was jumping through the insulation to my intake from wire number 2. Ordered new wire set and ignition coil from autozone. Told me it would be there at 4 on Thursday. They didn't get them till 12 today and bother were used and rusted to hell. Told me to go to Hillard, got there and they said they are at west broad. Get to west broad and same deal. Plus they wouldn't let me get my money back because i had nothing to "return". So after about 2 days of wasted time not being able to move along work on the Nissan and half a tank of gas gone im still have no progress to show for.

Autozone generally fucks me too. I always end up making 2 trips for one part. I walk in with the part or part number in my hand, they recommend substitute part #x and I come home to discover that part #x doesn't fit, isn't recommended, or is generally fucked.

Although, autozone still isn't as shitty as my new most hated company -- TICKETMASTER. They're like the mafia of ticket sales. Face value plus 60% more in fees, printing, tax, stadium rental, facilities, the bj that I will never get from them, etc.

I've never had any issues either... but then again I always call the store directly before I go and tell them to hold the part for me.

Calling ahead > the run around

Finally someone else that understands that concept. I believe that here in America we have everything from cell phones to house phones. Most automotive parts stores do have a phone number for a reason. You call, ask them to hold part under XXXXX name, drive to part store, pay for part, and walk out with part. Pretty simple system if you ask me.

The primary problem is Autozone carries a lot of crap brands. O'Reilly's, or even Advance (on most stuff) are the better "retail" choice. NAPA has far too many price levels to deal with. Smyth Parts Plus now has three locations in town - none with retail storefronts, but generally good brands at decent prices.

The primary problem is Autozone carries a lot of crap brands. O'Reilly's, or even Advance (on most stuff) are the better "retail" choice. NAPA has far too many price levels to deal with. Smyth Parts Plus now has three locations in town - none with retail storefronts, but generally good brands at decent prices.

i ahve not got the chance to start using them yet at my store but they seem really good and that is the one downfall is there is not a retail store for them

I've used RockAuto alot, too. I have had one problem once with a bad part tps that was ordered from there, though. I never tried returning it, however, because by the time I realized it, it'd been so long.

Autozone is very hit or miss for me and usually last on my list of local retail shops. It's also across town from me, though, unlike the other stores. :)