WTB: CHEAP Ridding mower

IVRINGS

Well guys I need some help trying to get something to cut my grass out at our house we are getting at end of the month. :) I know cheap doesn't mean perfect, but it does need to work. I will have 3/4 acre to cut once we take over the house, but there is a good deal of gardens that take up a good bit of the land along with tress. The girl thought of goats with invisable fence would be cost effective after a while. So since a few of you are in the lawn care let me know what you see.

I have a craftsmen 42 inch cut 6-speed turbo it needs a new front axle that the wheel broke off engine runs good and starts up fine just sitting in my garage will take 300 obo for it used beginning of this year and just bought a push mower

Sweet I will check out craigslist this month. Thanks for the idea of size cause I had no idea what size to look. I don't have a need for zero turn with so many things we are doing in the house.

Do you know how much that axle will cost to fix?

If you are buying a small dime-a-dozen mower, get one that is a hydrostatic tranny. The manual tranny units are really a PITA (I have one...NOT the way to go). If you have to mow around a lot of stuff, then the need for the hydrostatic is 10x as important.

If you can score an older-school John Deere (non-Lowes crap), that's even better. I'd take a late 80's REAL John Deere over an early 2000's cheap-o mower with the same features.

My wife has a brand new one sitting in her dads warehouse. It has been sitting for 3 years. She bought it brand new and used it maybe a dozen times and it has been sitting in the warehouse since then. I will ask her to call tomorrow and get the details.