Plumbers...help!!!

timmy43016

i am purchasing a home and we were required to get a structural engineer to come out and look at a crack in the garage next to the 2 sumps...This is what he had to say.

1. Water is leaking through a significant portion of the West foundation wall. The

probable source of this water is a broken drain pipe, probably near the middle of

the wall.

2. The driveway slopes towards the garage. There is a collection basin in front of the

garage door which receives this water and channels it into the drain line on the

West side of the house. If the drain line is broken as believed, there is no place

for the storm water go but to saturate the soil next to the garage.

3. Saturated soil under the foundation footer will soften the soil and allow the footer

to settle causing the wall to shift. In this case it appears that the North wall is

leaning inward causing the blocks in the West wall to shift.

4. The subject drain line needs to be inspected and checked for breaks and or

blockage. If a break is determined, the drain line will have to be repaired and

restored to its original slope. It is imperative that the repaired drain line does not

sag creating a place for water to collect and freeze during the winter.

5. Flushing of the repaired drain line is required to verify that water flows freely to

the storm drain.

6. The cracks in the West foundation wall need to be tuck-pointed inside and out.

7. It is my professional opinion that the above repairs will remove the source of

water, which appears to have caused the crack in the West foundation wall and

will allow the soil under the footer to regain its normal load bearing capability.

Any ideas what this means? Anyone here able to look at it? What would be a ballpark figure for best and worst case scenarios for repairs? Someone here knowledable enough to do a side job or something?

It means the drain from the driveway is either clogged or broken. You gotta get some heavy equipment in there and dig it up. First thing I would try is to take a hose and run water into the drain and see if it is making it to the sump. If it isnt, check for a blocked pipe (leaves etc...) with a snake. It could be a simple thing, but if the wall is caving in, the pipe could be broken as speculated.

Guest tbutera2112

614 935 0674

ask for David Smock.... he can take care of you, said he can fix that no problem...he didnt give me a ballpark price, but you can discuss it with him...he does it for a living

tell him Tyler gave you his number