cleaning fual injectors

99ta

I have a 97 z71 with the vortec 5.7. It has been running pretty bad lately. Has a miss at cruising speeds. pulled the plugs (which only have about 5k on them.) and the drivers side looked fine but the passenger side they all were jet black. Got some advice that a spider injector could have cracked and it was over compensating adding fuel to that side. so I took the intake off to see the injectors. no leaks. now my question is how do I clean them and with what? soak, just spray them with something? as for the miss, I am going to try the cats now. I have done, fuel pump, filter, plugs, wires, distributor, cap, and rotor.

Eric

That spider injector shit sucks ass, I recently replaced the whole set-up on a 4.3 vortec and it had been redesigned. Soaking the set-up usually makes it worse, and to the best of my knowlege you're stuck replacing the whole mess. Prabably better off that way, maybe you'll get the newer set-up with injectors and no "popits".