subsidized vs unsubsidized School Loans

Radio Flyer1647545514

I have both sub and unsub right now. I'm not paying anything. however, interest is accruing on the unsub and being added to the balance. When I graduate, the sub loan will be exactly the amount i borrowed. the unsub loan will be bigger.

Both of my sub and unsub have the same interest rate.

Get Subsidized if you can... The interest SUCKS....It'll be there but anything helps. I've paid back thousands and i'm not sure i'm through the interest yet :(

EDIT: Yeah mine are all UnSub'd, and well Ill be paying back interest forever... its up over 9K.

I made a payment under a week ago, and its already earned $17 in interest that i'll be paying next month....

Get Subsidized if you can... The interest SUCKS....It'll be there but anything helps. I've paid back thousands and i'm not sure i'm through the interest yet :(

EDIT: Yeah mine are all UnSub'd, and well Ill be paying back interest forever... its up over 9K.

I made a payment under a week ago, and its already earned $17 in interest that i'll be paying next month....

You pay the interest on the subsidized loans when you exit school. its is only subsidized when you are in school.