Another worthwhile police chase...

RedRocket1647545505

the only people here to blame were the guys running. I can see how someone would view it as "it was only a traffic violation" but if it were truly only a traffic violation why did they run? I'd think at that point it quit being only a traffic violation. I feel most sorry for the parents of the kids. I have 2 kids and could not even fathom the grief it would be to lose 1 of them.....these people lost 5. There's just some terrible shit that happens to people in this world.

I love this attitude of "if they run, let them go" attitude. How do you think that's going to work exactly? "Hey this guy just did a hit-and-run on a school bus right in front of me, but he's exceeding the speed limit, so I'll just let him go cause chasing him would be dangerous..."

Fuck that shit. Wanna make the roads safer? Authorize lethal force for any pursuit longer than two miles, and either more than 15 mph over the limit, or has run more than two traffic signals or stop signs, OR has made aggressive maneuvers towards other vehicles.