Black Chrome VS. Chrome rims I need help.

CAM09

O.K.......Now I had to switch out tires on my car do to me so called not having any tred on them in the rear witch were Nitto DR, cops had no clue what they were talking about, so i just switched out rims and tires from Dads Cobra.

No, they are stating the law which says you have to have treaded tires on the street, they don't care whether they came with treads, or not supposed to have treads. Don't be ignorant just because you were driving on the street with slicks on. It's for your own safety and ours around YOU.

Black chrome is better

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be ignorant just because you were driving on the street with slicks on. It's for your own safety and ours around YOU.

For 1. The Nittos had tred on them, do you think that I would drive a car out the state knowing its not ready to hit a crazzy ass storm that it cant handle....NO, what you think will stick better to a dry street, reg street tires or some DR........aw ok. And if you have a problem with your safty when driving...that sounds like a personal problem to me.

Drag radials are supposed to have soft sidewalls to help with acceleration (sidewall buckles), so in a straight line maneuver they would be good dry, otherwise they would SUCK turning, since a stiffer sidewall is needed to keep from rolling onto the sidewalls. Not much grip on the sidewalls.

So, to answer your question they MIGHT be a little better than a summer tire thats all. Don't get too over confident.

Drag radials are supposed to have soft sidewalls to help with acceleration (sidewall buckles), so in a straight line maneuver they would be good dry, otherwise they would SUCK turning, since a stiffer sidewall is needed to keep from rolling onto the sidewalls. Not much grip on the sidewalls.

So, to answer your question they MIGHT be a little better than a summer tire thats all. Don't get too over confident.

Crossle, I get your point, and your right to an extent, me and Cam were just a little pissed that the Franklin Cty sherrif was being a dick about them, and he didn't even stop, or ticket Cam for them, Minerva Park stopped him for a light violation and wasn't even thinking about his tires until the FCS showed up and left.

Crossle, I get your point, and your right to an extent, me and Cam were just a little pissed that the Franklin Cty sherrif was being a dick about them, and he didn't even stop, or ticket Cam for them, Minerva Park stopped him for a light violation and wasn't even thinking about his tires until the FCS showed up and left.

He's young and driving an Orange mustang lol. It's normal for police to give us youngins grief. The only way to solve it is drive something that doesn't scream look at me!

Guest Removed
Can we get an update on the exhaust problem?

havent got to it...been fixing the headlight wiring, and trying to get it to over heat..which is hasnt, with or without the a/c on :confused: