Trails Wed Aug 12th

Cordell

I'm pretty pleased with my car, I got up there right after they prepped the track again before eliminations. It ran a 1.69 60', with 12.02 at 113.7mph. Of course I broke out because I dialed 12.1 after running 12.15, 12.18, and 12.21 on my time trial runs. I've finally got the car running consistant again, so over all it was a good time. Hell I even cut a .008 reaction for a change, good times.

I'm pretty pleased with my car, I got up there right after they prepped the track again before eliminations. It ran a 1.69 60', with 12.02 at 113.7mph. Of course I broke out because I dialed 12.1 after running 12.15, 12.18, and 12.21 on my time trial runs. I've finally got the car running consistant again, so over all it was a good time. Hell I even cut a .008 reaction for a change, good times.

yeah looks like you turned some good times, Im still trying to get my car running right.Im having transmission issues with mine though. the last time out i ran a 12.36 @116 mph or something like that i would have to find the time slip. It can run faster with the trans actually shifting. I was going to go out tonight also but had to work late. is anyone going out friday? i will be there then

yeah looks like you turned some good times, Im still trying to get my car running right.Im having transmission issues with mine though. the last time out i ran a 12.36 @116 mph or something like that i would have to find the time slip. It can run faster with the trans actually shifting.

At 116mph I'd think you'd be into the high 11s, so yeah I see where you're coming from. I'm pretty happy with my little budget build, it doesn't do too bad for a set of stock LS1 heads.

At 116mph I'd think you'd be into the high 11s, so yeah I see where you're coming from. I'm pretty happy with my little budget build, it doesn't do too bad for a set of stock LS1 heads.

my mph is high due to spray. lol but my last outing i had absolutely no nos pressure. I have no stall either. my car wont even let me rev it to 1500

my mph is high due to spray. lol but my last outing i had absolutely no nos pressure. I have no stall either. my car wont even let me rev it to 1500

Oh I guess your car is more stock then I thought, no offence. What does it 60'?

Oh I guess your car is more stock then I thought, no offence. What does it 60'?

my 60 foots are like 1.6- 1.9. It really isnt all that stock either, due to the tranny issues i am having i am losing a ton. i have heads cam swap, headers,longtubes,150 spray, 4:10 gear, nitto drag radials. dynoed close to 420. i have a small cam though. I will be changing out motors this winter. time out / your running that with stock heads no porting nothing? what mods you have done?

my 60 foots are like 1.6- 1.9. It really isnt all that stock either, due to the tranny issues i am having i am losing a ton. i have heads cam swap, headers,longtubes,150 spray, 4:10 gear, nitto drag radials. dynoed close to 420. i have a small cam though. I will be changing out motors this winter. time out / your running that with stock heads no porting nothing? what mods you have done?

Your 60' vary that much? You put down 420 to the wheels on spray?

If that's the case you're not leaving a ton on the table. I've a built 6.0 LQ4, with a healthy cam, 3.73s, bolt-ons, 3000 stall, and it put down 417 at the wheels on motor. Now my heads were portmatched with a dremel, but I consider them stock. Thats the way I was running it tonight, my spray isn't hooked up :ninja:.

Your 60' vary that much? You put down 420 to the wheels on spray?

If that's the case you're not leaving a ton on the table. I've a built 6.0 LQ4, with a healthy cam, 3.73s, bolt-ons, 3000 stall, and it put down 417 at the wheels on motor. Now my heads were portmatched with a dremel, but I consider them stock. Thats the way I was running it tonight, my spray isn't hooked up :ninja:.

No that was motor. im not sure on the spray, brian tuned it. I have had transmission problems though i think from the start. i have been driving it back and fourth to work just to see what it shifts like, if you are going about 30 then punch it sometimes it will put you in your seat, but other times you hear the motor screaming but the car is hardly moving, and the 60 fts go from 1.6 best to 2.4 due to the transmission and no traction with the nitrous. i do believe my tourque with nos was in the 700's or high 6's brian should have it i will c

No that was motor. im not sure on the spray, brian tuned it. I have had transmission problems though i think from the start. i have been driving it back and fourth to work just to see what it shifts like, if you are going about 30 then punch it sometimes it will put you in your seat, but other times you hear the motor screaming but the car is hardly moving, and the 60 fts go from 1.6 best to 2.4 due to the transmission and no traction with the nitrous. i do believe my tourque with nos was in the 700's or high 6's brian should have it i will c

Okay I'm with you now, sounds like something with the tranny is a miss. I struggled to get my car into the 12s a couple years ago, then after the rebuild and my little 3000 stall it was an incredible difference. Went from running 12.90s to 12.10s with just that. Sounds like a rebuild and stall is gonna be your next project. ;)

and for your numbers, did you lock up the convertor? if not you probably would be alot higher. my buddys car dyno was really low do to his convertor but he is running 10.17 @ 136 ish mph the last outing.

Yeah i locked up the convertor for the dyno pulls, but I was doing the tuning on a Mustang dyno so I'd bet it would read a little higher on a Dynojet like Dyno Brian has. Doesn't really matter to me what kind of numbers it puts down anyway, it runs good. I do want to put it on Brian's dyno at the dyno day just to see how much different it reads, just for the hell of it.

sure is im just trying to have fun with it for this season. next time your out that way stop in. also i will look for ya at the track friday. what electric company you work for by the way. i think i have worked for them all at one point. lol

I haven't worked for an Electric company for 4-5 years now, but I've worked for my share. Started into the apprenticeship out of high school and got out of Electrical not long after I finished. For the past 4-5 years I got into wrenching.

I don't live far from your shop there, so I'll have to stop by.