Should I be pissed.....

Rotarded1647545491

yes, but the economy is bad, just be lucky to still have a job

I agree. Also, look at it from the other side...just becuase the dept. sucked ass for a long time, doesn't mean you can just barely push above even and be rewarded. Knock the ball out a bit further and perhaps. Otherwise, you're just 26k away from a break even point and 27k away from being in the suck-ass loss dept.

In sales it's typical that no commisions are paid unless the rep hit 70% or more of goal. Lots complain...but there too companies aren't paying them to be at 69% or less than plan. Today...those folks are the ones that get shit-canned. Pay the performers and replace the rest.

Good job at the turn around. Just keep it up and push back from a position of strength once you get there.

I agree. Also, look at it from the other side...just becuase the dept. sucked ass for a long time, doesn't mean you can just barely push above even and be rewarded. Knock the ball out a bit further and perhaps. Otherwise, you're just 26k away from a break even point and 27k away from being in the suck-ass loss dept.

In sales it's typical that no commisions are paid unless the rep hit 70% or more of goal. Lots complain...but there too companies aren't paying them to be at 69% or less than plan. Today...those folks are the ones that get shit-canned. Pay the performers and replace the rest.

Good job at the turn around. Just keep it up and push back from a position of strength once you get there.

I don't see it that way, I see it as a $226 gain for the year. The club was excepting a $200k a year loss and functioned with it as well. Hell even if he breaks even they are still way ahead.

The department didn't suck ass, as I stated in a post before it is an amenity. It's not expected to make money. What is expected is service and food exceeding the member and guests expectation with a budgeted loss of between 175k and 300K a year, for the last 33 years.

Now, if I can finish this year, while maintaining the impeccable standards expected by our membership, AND show a profit, I can write my ticket anywhere, in any field.

It just kinda sucks ass losing income right now.

I don't see it that way, I see it as a $226 gain for the year. The club was excepting a $200k a year loss and functioned with it as well. Hell even if he breaks even they are still way ahead.

I don't know his company or business, maybe you do.....I'm just speaking in general business terms. If a company runs on a forcast that a particualr business unit is going to run at a huge loss like that, than it's way different than any company I've been a part of.

My point is that breaking even isn't what I would set out to achieve and celebrate. In my world you don't get recognized for being at 100%. That's the minimum expected of anyone on our team or any of our depts. You have to do far better to be recognized or hit pay-dirt.

I work 60-65 hour weeks in the winter, while living in a hotel 5 hours from home for ~12-14 weeks straight. We used to get paid overtime, but now get a bonus check that reflects how much your manager thinks you worked vs. how much he has in the budget. Not complaining too much about that...but this year I have taken about a 20% cut in pay (10% base pay, 16 days off without pay, and no 401k match) and my wife has been laid off since Thanksgiving. It's been almost impossible for her to find a job in this state and she graduated college with honors and has 3 patents.

So yes. This economy sucks. We're all feeling the pain, so I'd be happy to have a job right now. If everything recovers for the company and they don't reward you for your hard work I would be looking elsewhere.