People that are working at dealerships

Skinner

What are you doing with your Cars for Clunkers turn in cars. Are they going to junkyards or do they just get scraped. Reason I as I would like to get a hold of a Cherokees since they seem to be a common vehicle to turn in for the C4C program.

thought they could end up in junk yards or scarped outright. I'm not wanting a entire vehicle I am looking for some interior pieces maybe a class 3 hitch.

Honestly if they scrape the that is stupid they could easily sell the cars to junk yards to make money which in turn would make the junkyards money as well to help the economy. I nuder stand the block is done but everything else is still able to make money.

The only thing that legally has to be demolished is the engine. Everything else can either be scrapped or sold to a junkyard. We had a Cherokee taken in on the C4C last week.

do you know what year it was and is it still there and is there anyway I can get to it?

What are you doing with your Cars for Clunkers turn in cars. Are they going to junkyards or do they just get scraped. Reason I as I would like to get a hold of a Cherokees since they seem to be a common vehicle to turn in for the C4C program.

The only thing that legally has to be demolished is the engine. Everything else can either be scrapped or sold to a junkyard. We had a Cherokee taken in on the C4C last week.

I know that our orders for them is to drain the oil and fill it up with 2 qts of liquid glass, start 'er up and enjoy the show. I'm thinking verse is correct, i believe our actions are only to make it worthless, hard, or expensive to salvage it for sale. Most of these cars, you'll never know if any certain part was missing at the time it was turned in.

they all must be crushed. they are not aloud to sell anything off of them.

on the other side, I've heard this too. I haven't looked into facts, cause we havent started killing them yet

fog light switch

the infinity amp (if it has it) under the back set

drivers side door jam (black piece).

if it a class 3 hitch that would be awesome.

drivers side door power window switch control.

front tow hooks.

window switch, fog light switch, amp, and door trim are going to be 97+

its a light grey.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/th_100_1632.jpg

From what I have heard on the news is that the the engine must be destroyed and the rest of the body can head to the junkyard. The story I heard was making the comment that junkyards are worried about "new" stock since the vehicles will not have the engine.

But really Skinner, just head down to pick n pull. Every time I have been there were always 5+ Cherokee's there. Oh and the hitch for the XJ's are a bit of a pain in the ass to pull off. It is not simply bolted on like most other vehicles.

I was at pick n pull today and they had a shit ton of cash for clunkers in the yard. They just wouldn't sell any part of the engine. They painted most of the engine pink so they would know it came from a C4C vehicle. They also had a tag on attached to the engine that said it was drained of fluid and had a liquid silicone ran through it to make it unusable.

In their back lot that you can't get to they had a really nice looking Cherokee that I bet will be in the yard to pull from soon.