91 fuel injection swap

toms03cobra

me and my buddies put a 5.0 fuel injection system in a car that was carburated, switched out EVERY wiring harness dash, trunk engine compartment, computer and all, and now we cant get the car to start it will sputter while your turning it over and you can get it to run if you pump the gas, but its sparatic rpm's any suggestions would be helpful

Guest Removed
+1

Dumb question probably, but since I don't see it listed - Did you swap the fuel pump to one designed for EFI?

got to have 30-40 some psi to run that system.

swap in the efi pump

that was the first thing we did before even putting the motor in, sorry bout not saying that, and we dont have a fuel pressure guage we'll have to check that out, o and i forgot to say you can get it to run off of ether, but it runs really high rpm's like 4000 or so but as soon as you stop it dies

Guest Removed

make sure you dont have the lines backwards. like feeding the regulator the wrong way.

also, there is a ground wire that comes off the harness, and goes to the driver side head that has to be in place.

also check and make sure you have the fule pump and eec relays grounded properly.