550 + AWHP and 495AWTQ EVO VIII Get some!!

Evolved8

I was being a smart ass ;). My wrx is slow :(

I thought it was kinda funny. ohhh, how I wish the ej205 could get above 400whp :( stupid evo indestructible motors.

I took a ride in a big turbo evo and I was so impressed.

Edited by Thorne
spelling fix.

if other cars have made more on the stock ecu why not use the stock ecu? What benfits does the AEM buy?

BTW

I am considering a stand alone for the car I might pickup this weekend hence the question. though i was thinking megasquirt

Evo's are definitely beasts for sure. The AEM makes the tuning process alot easier. Tuning on the fly beats reflashing any day. Thorn I know others are usiong the megasquirt with some degree of success, but that thing is junk. Not to mention by time you get everything you need to make it worthwhile to have you could have picked up a used AEM I am sure. Threadjack over. Congrats on the numbers Steve! When are you going to trake it to the track?

Guest Removed
So, I wonder if it would be worth it to AEM a 5.0 stang. I doubt it. I have the ability to flash proms for it . But not at will.

I have yet to know the glory of live tuning :( It would make shit so much easier

the anderson PMS gives you live tuning for it tho. and cheaper then a AEM

if other cars have made more on the stock ecu why not use the stock ecu? What benfits does the AEM buy?

BTW

I am considering a stand alone for the car I might pickup this weekend hence the question. though i was thinking megasquirt

AEM Is a tuning dream compaired to the stock computer, Having way more Parameters at your exposure as well. Tuning on the fly as well is a huge advantage. Another is getting rid of the MAF which sucks, On this car espicially it would constintly want to die, Beacuse the bov would choke the car of air after it was opened. Overall driveability is 2x better now you can feel the difference

Example: this car on the STOCK computer made:

456AWHP on 25 LBS pump gas

On the AEM it made 440AWHP on 17PSI

Nothing changed but the computer.