Anyone know where I can have a puppy boarded/fostered for a short time?

Guest Hal

Ashley and I are looking to rescue a dog from the pound but since we're getting married and will be on the honeymoon through sept. 13th we would have no way to take care of it during that time. Does anyone know someone or some entity that could essentially foster the pup for 3 1/2 weeks? I would not put it in a kennel so that's not an option.

Guest tbutera2112

we took my dog to the vet and they watched her for a week...take them out only once a day, but if you pay extra you can have them taken out more times... the areas they keep them in are big enough for the dog to walk around some...you can take blankets and stuff for them...we were gone from friday until the sunday the following week, and it was like $180 ...place we took her is

VCA Westerville East Animal Hospital.

6283 Sunbury Rd. South, Westerville, OH 43081

if you look on google map, it looks like a ratted out shack...ignore that, it has been completely rebuilt since then and its real nice...right by the kroger on sunbury at 161

http://www.vcahospitals.com/westerville-east/services/pet-boarding.html

dude, hands down, best place EVER to take your dog is called Red Barn Bed and Biscuit... the lady that runs it is awesome! runs the dog 2 miles a day, gives it personal attention, etc... and it's on a beautiful farm.

She was so great that another person that we recommended to her told her about our dog passing, she spent the time to call us and make sure that we were ok.... that personal touch goes miles in my opinion.

Red Barn Bed & Biscuit Dog Daycare & Boarding

662 STATE ROUTE 257 S

Ostrander, OH 43061

(740) 272-1435

owner's name is Wendy Manning....

I honestly, can't say enough good things about her.... call her, you won't be disappointed.

Lilly was insainely attached to my wife and myself.... and she would cry when having to leave Wendy... that's how good she is.

Guest tbutera2112
dude, hands down, best place EVER to take your dog is called Red Barn Bed and Biscuit... the lady that runs it is awesome! runs the dog 2 miles a day, gives it personal attention, etc... and it's on a beautiful farm.

She was so great that another person that we recommended to her told her about our dog passing, she spent the time to call us and make sure that we were ok.... that personal touch goes miles in my opinion.

Red Barn Bed & Biscuit Dog Daycare & Boarding

662 STATE ROUTE 257 S

Ostrander, OH 43061

(740) 272-1435

owner's name is Wendy Manning....

I honestly, can't say enough good things about her.... call her, you won't be disappointed.

Lilly was insainely attached to my wife and myself.... and she would cry when having to leave Wendy... that's how good she is.

sounds expensive x.x

sounds expensive x.x

Agreed. Anything that sounds that good sounds expensive. Guess I'll go look it up.

=====================

Ok, only info I was able to find quickly as they don't seem to have a website.

http://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList/CompanyList/SP--ohio--ostrander--animal-boarding-kennels--red-barn-bed-and-biscuit--7402721435.aspx

In my search, I found this. Thought it had some interesting links, etc.

http://www.columbusdogconnection.com/dog_information__links.htm

=====================

Hal, how old, what size, and what breed and sex? BTW, the 2nd link above has many links to boarders, dog day care centers, and pet sitters/walkers.

20 dollars a night is what I pay

and at the end of the day, you need to think about, would you want your dog to stay anywhere sub par? typically things like this, you get what you pay for.

Bump for some crack head price and sounds like an awesome place

The dog will be a Rott mix about 4-5 months old. I'm not sure on the sex yet, I'm looking at a male and female. I'll give some of these places a call, thanks.

If you haven't even decided on what dog to get, yet, why not just wait until after your honeymoon?

If you haven't even decided on what dog to get, yet, why not just wait until after your honeymoon?

I was looking at two specific dogs, Both at kill shelters. I'm going to end up with the little girl (assuming she doesn't get adopted in the next day).