speedaddicts.com

V8 Beast

im glad im out of modding cars at the moment.

too much headache.

id rather have a decent daily and have my bike for when i want to have fun.

plus with my bike i can take long trips and enjoy a new area as well as my passion for riding.

but i will be getting a track bike soon. and i will start racing bikes (more like doing track days)

which is still going to be easier and less headache then modifying cars

plus there is just something about leaning a bike over at high speeds.. you cant get that rush from a car

couldnt agree more. thats why you shoudl have the best of both world :)

I have kind of gotten out of it, and am slowly getting back in.

After breaking my car at Norwalk a couple years ago I pulled the motor (and oddly enough, it wasn't too serious, and could have gotten her back on the road in short order). I went and had a nitrous 383 setup for her, then a deal for a much meaner setup came along. Sold the first setup, and semi-slowly paid for the new setup.

Now I have all the parts (minus a gasket or two, and valve covers), and haven't had time to put her together.

My love for boating has filled the void. I've boated my whole life. The motor blew on it right after I became unemployeed 7 years ago. I had it down for a couple years due to not having the funds to fix it (took a while to catch up $$ wise after getting employeed again). I finally get the funds, get it running, and then put the Formula down.

Now my boat has filled that void. Honestly, I think I have more fun on my boat, and desire more to sell it and upgrade to something bigger than to mod the car more. This year's lame summer weather + now having the car back where I live (was stored at my rental property), has gotten me back into my desire to get her running. I will probably put a serious start to her in the next 1-2 months. I want to have her tuned, running, and full-on ready to go by the first thaw of spring. I think I can finally do that. :)

Looking at all the threads on here I notice that once you pass 12.9 or trap over 110 your car almost becomes equally as fun as it is frustrating. Its mostly expensive parts breaking and doing a lot of work just to see the car not perform the way you want. We all act at times like we are ok with it, but I know most of you at one time or another wanted to drive your cars off a cliff and walk away. The funny thing is that most of you dont... And even if you do you end up buying a new race car within a year anyway.

Some of you think its a hobby but you are actually addicted. Here are a few examples of things people do when they are addicted to racing...

1. Spend money they dont have

2. Do illegal things not caring about the consequenses

3. Spend hours in the garage working like an obsessed maniac

4. Miss work so they can race

5. Fight with family over their car/choose car over a loved one

6. Get a car that they cant drive in the snow as a daily driver just because its fast

7. Most conversations you have somehow turn into a convo about cars

8. Sit by the door waiting for UPS or FEDEX to deliver parts

9. Mod things like their riding lawn mower or golf cart

10. Go through withdrawal if they dont drive their fun car regularly

So for the people that sold their cars and/or were able to stay away from racing how do you do it? I could never see myself without some sort of fast car in my garage.

Nope I have none of these problems and my car with a good driver other than myself should do high 12s. I bet Sam or Linn at the track would hit 12s first pass with the car. Best I have done is 13.01. Guess you should have picked a better platform. :o

I lived through the muscle car era and a dad that always had fast cars for their time, 1 Corvette and a bunch of tri-power Pontiacs...So I didn't have a chance...Now I am on the edge of 60 and am still addicted and poor.

Guest tbutera2112
I lived through the muscle car era and a dad that always had fast cars for their time, 1 Corvette and a bunch of tri-power Pontiacs...So I didn't have a chance...Now I am on the edge of 60 and am still addicted and poor.

youre my idol

its sad, i think all 21 of those describes me lol. I cant say ive hit 12's yet but ive blown up my fair share of motors and i just keep on going. now im about to spend even more to swap a v8 in and spend thousands more to do so, but i just dont even care. And super gtp, i said the exact same thing to my car when i got 13's lol

I went from IHRA Pro Stock racing and Top Sportsman racing to motorcycles and then to nothing for about the last 5 years. I literally spent 10 years of my life at race tracks all over the country. I realized how much I was missing at home and just stopped one day. I realized how much other stuff was out in the world besides Drag Racing and all that I was missing. I still watched every race on tv but only went to the track about 5 or 6 times in that time frame. Well my kids are a little older and can help me now so we are building a car now. Its like I was never gone for all those years. I went to the ADRL race this weekend and seen all of my old friends and did a lot of catching up and it was really nice. I miss it so bad and I am glad I am back. This time I have a whole team with me. The wife and our 4 kids :).

Nope I have none of these problems and my car with a good driver other than myself should do high 12s. I bet Sam or Linn at the track would hit 12s first pass with the car. Best I have done is 13.01. Guess you should have picked a better platform. :o

Go race that bitch so you can post saying you picked up 5 of the 21 symptoms at the most recent track event!!!

Go race that bitch so you can post saying you picked up 5 of the 21 symptoms at the most recent track event!!!

he wont even show up to an event... ive been trying to get him to go for two seasons so i can drag him down the track an aroundn an autox course (where his car should SHINE!!!!)