stock ls1 running hotter

STEVE-O

I noticed since about last week no matter what part of the day it is my car seems to run about 225 or so but never higher than that...

My cooling fans now stay on after I turn the car off and the car wawrms up much faster..

I would assume it is not the weather becasue it is even like this after sitting all night and it is cool in the morning..

Any ideas or suggestions?

FYI the car normally would never get hotter than 210

I just want to say fuck Dex-cool, the shit neads to be changed just as often as the old green shit. Long life 150k mile antifreeze my ass. I've seen bullitins on how techs are supposed to clean the jello gunk out from undr radiator caps so customers don't see it. So why in the hell would I want to use something that can turn into jello when I can switch to something that won't. Not saying you shouldn't change your antifreeze, but dex-cool is such a waste of time.

Guest Removed
i run dex-cool and have no problems. my moms envoy has dex-cool with 142000 miles and no issues.

:rolleyes:

guess the next time i get one in with 5 years and 100k on it i'll take pics of all the trash in the system that garbage leaves behind.

long life my fucking ass. its fine if you change it every 2 years. but i never see the green stuff, gelling up and plugging shit up.

or the fact there is a class action lawsuit on the gm dexcool.

i guess if you like to have orange shit all in your cooling system yeah its fine