Has anyone ever had to deal with a paypal claim?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Long story short I sold a GSR head on ebay. Used PakMail which is a shipping company here in Heath to ship it out. The owner put foam all around the head inside the box. Im talking all 4 corners and even on top of the damn thing. Put the cams inside the journals, cam caps in a bag next to the head inside the box. Put a piece of foam on top of the head. Cut the box down to size so nothing moved around, cause we all know how nicely UPS/Fedex handels packages.

Yesterday the buyer of the head messages me on ebay saying that the item arrived messed up. Ok, whats wrong with it I ask. Buyer informs me that the cams bounced around and messed up the journals causing them to need a line hone to be fixed, the bag containing the cam caps bounced around acting as a jackhammer against the head. Mind you it was surrounded in styrofoam. Also stated that the box had been ripped open causing the side of the head to be dented in.

So I say well let me talk to the owner of Pak Mail who packaged the thing up ans see what we can do for an insurance claim. Well this obviously wasn't a good enough answer as the buyer went ahead and filed a paypal claim against me. He said I can either give him $150 back to cover a line hone or he can send me back the messed up head and I can give him the entire ammount back.

Paypal has fucked up policies and will automatically refund the douchebag his money even if he doesn't send me the same item I shipped him. Had this happen to me earlier in the year, sold a cd player to a guy, he claimed it was broken. Guy sent me back a cd player that was completely different then the one I sent him that didnt even work. Paypal said there was nothing they could do, due to policy stating the buyer just has to show proof of return with a tracking number.

My questions are:

1. Who is responsible for filing the insurance claim? Is it the buyer, me the sell or the shipper who packaged it up?

2. Can I put a block against Paypal through my bank so they cannot take the money back out of my account? For all I know the dude could've gotten the head and threw it on the ground.

I litterally just shipped the same exact package in the same exact type of setup to Puerto Rico last week. That buyer had 0 issues with it, how the fuck does a guy in NY have all these issues?

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

I had this happen once. I sold a T-50 tranny from a GTS AE86 to a guy in Florida. I sent the trans and lost the tracking number. Well a week later I get a claim against me saying he never received the trans. I blocked paypal from taking my money, but to this day I can't use Paypal anymore b/c it has completely banned my bank account and credit cards. The guy disappeared after I sent it to him and never said he didn't receive it.

Yeah lesson learned here is take pics up to the point of it getting on the truck I guess.

I am going to call local bank in about 2mins to block paypal. Just got off the phone with Pak Mail, the owner contacted Fed Ex and filed an insurance claim with them. Hopefully they resolve the issue without being assholes. I'll keep you posted

this is why i stopped dealing with egay.

I know man by time I pay their fees and paypal fee's I lose on average 15-20 bucks per sale. But since everyone in Ohio is a lowball asshole that always tells me about the parts their buddy has for this price I choose to deal with the fee's and get fair value out of shit lol

Its officiail...Fuck Paypal!! I just got this message from them

The buyer is required to provide tracking information confirming that they shipped the merchandise to you by Sep. 7, 2009. If we don't receive this information, the claim will be closed and a refund will not be issued.

So basically they decided in his favor, dude emailed me with this:

Hello , paypal has approved my claim , I can send the head back to you and get a refund , they will then deal with you at that point. If you are willing to refund me the $150 for repair , I will cancel the claim , if not I will send the head back by wed. sept 2nd. Please let me know .

Calling bank now to put block on any attempts by paypal to take money from my account

Item up for sale is a "OBD1 GSR B18c1 Cylinder Head" pulled from a running 1994 Acura Integra. The item does come with camshaft (not shown in picture). However it does not come with the vtec selinoid, it was broken after pic was taken.

There is some info about the head you should know about before bidding. The timing belt snapped and allowed the piston in #1 cylinder to clip a couple of the exhaust valves. You might be able to have the valves fixed, but you might need to replace them.

I ship out the same/next day that payment clears paypal. After item is shipped I will give you tracking info. After item is out of my hands I am no longer responsible for any damage that may occur during transit. It is you the buyers responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier (insurance will be placed on package).

This is the 2nd time I am listing this item. The first winner did not feel the need to pay for their winning bid. If you plan on doing the same thing then please read below.