Kurt B.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

i find that hard to believe....sounds made up to me....

theres tons of people on mustang forums with those hoods that they bought directly from ford and i know for a fact not one of them paid 18K dollars for it...and dont even get me started on some other of those items...some of the prices sound like they could be legit, but some of that article sounds like BS

Guest tbutera2112
tyler I think you may be confusing the kr with a stock gt500

is there that much difference between the two? and yea i was talking about gt500 parts

even if there is a big diff, the prices still seem fake to me...essentially, a fender bender could total the entire car? that makes no sense to me....i could be wrong, but ide like to see proof of those prices still

Lol. Yes, those are parts from the Shelby GT500KR (King of the Road).

There is an ongoing discussion on TS about this too:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47780

Crazy.

There are other posts on the TS forum as well. Want the rims from the KR? Almost impossible, as it seems that SAI only gives them to owners who have damaged product. They first have to return the damaged piece to SAI as well. So, the KR/SS parts really aren't available on the open market. These are VERY tight managed cars.

+1 for making the valuable someday as collector cars (if it's this hard getting parts).

Guest tbutera2112

the guy in that thread added 6 grand onto the price of the hood

either way i guess i was wrong, seems legit....i hope shelby burys themselves and goes bust....fucking thieves

the guy in that thread added 6 grand onto the price of the hood

either way i guess i was wrong, seems legit....i hope shelby burys themselves and goes bust....fucking thieves

Yess it's really quite a bit of BS. The owners are going to have a fit... There was one with a damaged splitter, and I can't even remember what the cost was to fix it, but it was something WAY out there. I think SAI might make it right. Stay tuned...

I think the idea was to stop cloning of them. I can see them requireing a title and photo evidence of damage and maybe even some sort of way to insure that damaged parts aren't resold. As this will only help the line stay rare and keep resale high. However the prices are just greed

I think the idea was to stop cloning of them. I can see them requireing a title and photo evidence of damage and maybe even some sort of way to insure that damaged parts aren't resold. As this will only help the line stay rare and keep resale high. However the prices are just greed

I agree with you 100%! Good luck on finding a GT500KR or SS clone!

Guest tbutera2112
Easy Tyler. Do some research before you flame Carol Shelby.

didnt he step away from that company already?

i have nothing but respect for him, but i think its very low the amount of thievery going on inside the company when it comes to these cars....people payed 100k for a MUSTANG...theyre obv enthusiasts or collectors who really love their fords....they need to be cut some slack

Guest tbutera2112

nah, i know saleen pulled out already....they just had their big auction a few months ago

i meant, carroll shelby, he no longer runs SAI does he? i thought i read that he stepped down...i could be wrong though

All the more reason to buy a off the show room GT500, and make it what you want.

Yah you got that right... you can find 500's now for under MSRP, excluding the 2010's. These things almost remind me of the Terminators - people are putting stage 2's and 3's on them left and right. Of course, plenty have swapped out the Eaton with a KB or even a Whipple or TVS. Hellion even put out a twin turbo kit for them last year! Talk about crazy!

The SS is still something to be desired though, like the one IPS had? I don't know what it is about them - they're bad ass!