College Football has officially started

DaddyBuiltRacing

I'm really starting to doubt him. At the end of the day it looked good on paper but I'm not seeing enough growth in him. Seeing him miss so many damn short easy passes is getting old. I also feel that coach is still being a little too conservative.... but I'm not the coach and he's still winning games so...

TP is basically learning a 2nd offense in as many years. He ran an offense designed for Boeckman/Beanie last year then he started this year still basically running that offense with Boom in place of Beanie (didn't work so well) and now we're finally switching over to nothing but shotgun, 3 wide every time. We barely even had any short, easy passes in the Boeckman/Beanie/Boom offense and now we have a lot that are wide open. Considering that was basically his first game in that full offense (ran almost all shotgun against Illinois but it was mostly running due to the monsoon) I'd say he did pretty well... 3 passing TD's in the 1st half and whatnot.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pryor is still a sophmore and a lot of people forget that. Vince Young didn't come onto the National Radar til his JR year. Give it time, it will come. You can tell the kid wants to be great.

Oh don't forget Posey dropped a TD pass in the 1st quarter so he could've had 5 TD's all together yesterday. I think Wisconsin is gonna come into Cbus with revenge on their minds. It will be a good game and hopefully a good victory for OSU since Wisky is 5-0

TP is basically learning a 2nd offense in as many years. He ran an offense designed for Boeckman/Beanie last year then he started this year still basically running that offense with Boom in place of Beanie (didn't work so well) and now we're finally switching over to nothing but shotgun, 3 wide every time. We barely even had any short, easy passes in the Boeckman/Beanie/Boom offense and now we have a lot that are wide open. Considering that was basically his first game in that full offense (ran almost all shotgun against Illinois but it was mostly running due to the monsoon) I'd say he did pretty well... 3 passing TD's in the 1st half and whatnot.

I guess of all tema Indian would be a good team to experiment against. I just hope he starts to look like he did after Indiana scored that first time on a consistent basis.

Pryor is still a sophmore and a lot of people forget that. Vince Young didn't come onto the National Radar til his JR year. Give it time, it will come. You can tell the kid wants to be great.

Yeah, people seem to forget that at this point in their careers Vince Young was getting booed off the field in spot duty competing with Chance Mock and Troy Smith was returning kicks...lol.

I'm really starting to doubt him. At the end of the day it looked good on paper but I'm not seeing enough growth in him. Seeing him miss so many damn short easy passes is getting old. I also feel that coach is still being a little too conservative.... but I'm not the coach and he's still winning games so...

Finally, someone watching the same game I did the other night. Anyone notice they dont even have the confidence in his ability to check out of a play at the line?

The reason why Tresselball looks so bad is that a team with a good QB can audible out of a run to a pass if the defense is lined up a certain way. Our qb either can't recognize a def alignment or is not allowed to audible.

TP basically gets to the line when there is about 10 seconds on the play clock.