CR Fantasy Hockey

verse

It's almost that season. CBJ pre-season kicks off in less than 2 weeks.

I want to see what the interest is to run a fantasy hockey league. I don't have many friends who are really big into hockey so it's hard to get a league started around work and whatnot. I know there are a few people who said they may be interested, so here's your chance. If I could get 8 I'd be happy, the more the merrier. I'd really like to have people who pay attention to it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Not trying to hijack, but if you guys want to play in my league, I've got one that's been going on for 4 years now with some decent players who do play the whole season. That's the biggest problem in Fantasy Sports, getting people to commit and stay the whole season. If any of you guys want to play and can commit, send me a PM and I'll give you the details. :)

We do a live draft, right now I've got it set for September 30th at 9:30 P.M. You draft 2 centers, 2 left wingers, 2 right wingers, 4 defense men, 2 goalies, a "utility" player (which can be any position), and four players for your bench. You have a maximum of 82 games to play in each of those positions. You move your players in and out of your lineup as you see fit, drop players, add players, make trades, etc. as the season goes on. It's a rotisserie style scoring, and we score on Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO). Obviously the most gathered for goals, etc. gets the most points, while GAA and Losses you need the smallest.

That's pretty much it. But if you can't commit to following your team for the whole season (the entire NHL season), please don't play. It sucks when you have people that abandon their team... :(

i might try this.. im trying to keep up with hockey again but ive never dont fantasy leagues for it...

and if its not yahoo leagues, im not doing it. other sites suck.

Yes, Yahoo has the best fantasy league setups, IMO. I don't feel like we have enough people yet to be firm to make a league. I joined Wease's league as well as having other leagues I'm in.

It's hockey season, best season of the year.

Toronto plays here this year too Diana. I plan to go to that game.