Can Anyone gap a set of 05+ Mustang plugs for me?

BDHG940

what part number would that be? I was talking with the guy from one of the shops down at mustang week and that was just what he told me to run. He had a 1000+ wheel 3v car so I was just listening to what he said. I think I have ht0 or ht1 autolites here, but let me know if you have another plug that I can just gap traditionally

Guest Removed

dont have the number off had..i just put a set in someone truck from here..

brady at ppc stocks them.

he stocks them for all the boosted 05 up stuff that he does. but they are not a cheap plug. i think a set runs like 140 or so

Guest Removed
ouch, Ill stick with the autolites I think and just gap them. they will be ok, we arent going to go over 6-7 psi max. Customer only wanted to make ~425 max wheel

anything more then that and you'll start kicking the rods out.

who do you have to tune it?

settings on the drive by wire cars are very tricky. and you sure dont want them set like the programmers do them and take the fail safe's and max them out. not good IMO.

Cool the customer is on here actually and we havent covered the whole tuning thing yet. I hope to have the car completely together by next thursday(keeping fingers crossed). Im hoping we dont have any tweaks to make on this preproduction setup because Im on a tight schedule with the customer

Autolites are fucking garbage.. get the guy some NGKs at least.

I agree with you although NGK doesnt offer a plug for the 05-07 3v. The only choices are Autolite, Brisk, or Champion for the 3v's. The champions are crap, and the autolites are not great either but are better than the champions. The ground shield on the autolites is crimped on and likes to seperate during removal which is why the only plugs I use are the Brisk's. They are expensive but they are cheaper to put in than a broken set of plugs are to remove.

If you are going to use the autolites, they need to be the HT0's as the HT1's are the stock heat range. You also need to check resistance across the plug at several different points as these had a common issue with high resistance due to the terrible two piece design. The other thing to keep in mind is to put antisieze on the crimp (not the threads) during installation.

Guest Removed
I'm "The Customer", and I think I will be going with the Brisk plugs on my car (it's an 07 GT, I want to make 430-440 to the wheels) I'm willing to spend the little extra to make sure we're safe/secure.

good choice..the brisk is the way to go for sure...

i wouldnt install anything else without some sort of disclaimer on the RO. but thats just me..

oh your vw is ready sir ;)

Rob, Thanks, I'll be over to pick up the VW this evening.

Brady, do you have the Brisk plugs in stock? If so/not how quickly can we get them to Chad?

I have the stock heat range in stock. I would need to order the colder heat range. Let me check and see how quick I can get them in.

I have a couple of more sets of plugs on order that should be shipping out tomorrow. They are all 1 step cooler than stock. I typically receive them in 2-3 business days. There is a chance I could have them by the end of this week but I would for sure have them by early next week.

I agree with you although NGK doesnt offer a plug for the 05-07 3v. The only choices are Autolite, Brisk, or Champion for the 3v's. The champions are crap, and the autolites are not great either but are better than the champions. The ground shield on the autolites is crimped on and likes to seperate during removal which is why the only plugs I use are the Brisk's. They are expensive but they are cheaper to put in than a broken set of plugs are to remove.

If you are going to use the autolites, they need to be the HT0's as the HT1's are the stock heat range. You also need to check resistance across the plug at several different points as these had a common issue with high resistance due to the terrible two piece design. The other thing to keep in mind is to put antisieze on the crimp (not the threads) during installation.

Man, that sucks they don't make NGKs for that application.. suprises me quite a bit actually.

Glad to hear the owner is going with good plugs though. IMO, it's one area where the difference between shitty and good plugs is quite noticeable.

I mean Wes at Powerhouse is who I talked with on this, his wife drives like a 800 or 900 wheel 3v car and he is shooting for some sort of record on the 3v setup. I cannot remember exactly but I thought he said hp when we were standing there talking. Its not like he doenst know what he is talking about but he said there would be no problem with the ht0. He did say I could go with brisk but said for what Im doing the ht0 would be just fine. Its not like I havent looked into this, he said if it was his car he would have no problem throwing them into his car. Thus I dont feel like it would be a bad decision, hell I would put them in my car and not think twice. I dont see any problem with doing so from what I have been told.

Mike if you want to do something different, grab them from brady and Ill throw them in there or have him send them my way.

chad, look a little more into those plugs before installing them.... 2 piece plugs = bad idea for a 3v

please explain becuase I have people telling me this and I still do not know why it would be such a bad idea to run the ht0's. Only think I hear is its bad, no details why and just after the people I have talked with, there are quite a few forced inducted 3v cars with the same plugs

whens the mach 1 kit coming

4v setups will be ready to ship around oct 7

It really shouldnt be too much different, Im sure we can tweak a kit around to work. I would be pretty interested to try and just see what all it would take. I have been putting some miles on my car lately, feels pretty good just on 6psi(cops got me the first day out on 71..lol)

I mean Wes at Powerhouse is who I talked with on this, his wife drives like a 800 or 900 wheel 3v car and he is shooting for some sort of record on the 3v setup. I cannot remember exactly but I thought he said hp when we were standing there talking. Its not like he doenst know what he is talking about but he said there would be no problem with the ht0. He did say I could go with brisk but said for what Im doing the ht0 would be just fine. Its not like I havent looked into this, he said if it was his car he would have no problem throwing them into his car. Thus I dont feel like it would be a bad decision, hell I would put them in my car and not think twice. I dont see any problem with doing so from what I have been told.

Mike if you want to do something different, grab them from brady and Ill throw them in there or have him send them my way.

Chad, I will make sure the plugs get to you one way or another.

Brady, I will call you tomorrow to make arrangements to get them to Chad ASAP.

Guest Removed
please explain becuase I have people telling me this and I still do not know why it would be such a bad idea to run the ht0's. Only think I hear is its bad, no details why and just after the people I have talked with, there are quite a few forced inducted 3v cars with the same plugs

till the guy shooting for the record blows the plugs out of the heads.

cause they are 2 pieces. granted they are better then factory ones. but still.

you havent seen , or had to remove a broken 3v spark plugs yet. like me or brady has. this is why we say its bad.