No Front Plate Tax Donations

TTQ B4U

Not sure if it's more accuarate here or in the Speed Trap area, but just a reminder to be careful out there if you're running with no front plate.

I've had one co-worker and another friend both get tickets for no front plate just over the past 2 weeks.

One last week on 315N in the construction zone while driving his STi and the other on 71N today in blinding rain and heavy traffic. Cop weaved around everyone to catch up to him in his R32.

Also note that you will likely get ticketed for the same at the meters downtown while having a beer with fellow CR members. Even as you run out to put money in the meter :o Cough...grand prix....cough....not me :p

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one at Mac's in the Short North, we did our "employee" Fantasy Football draft there on Thursday. I paid at 5PM for 2 hrs of parking in the lot at a meter, I only needed to pay until 6pm, came out before 7 and had a no front plate ticket written at 5:13pm. My co-worker paid for parking until 5:57 and figured since it's free at 6pm he wouldn't get a ticket. WRONG parking ticket written at 5:58. another co-worker was ticketed for a cracked tail light. Bastards! I'm not going to spend anymore money in short north businesses. Clearly the city needs cash, and that is how they are going to get it. It's ridiculous.

I got one at Mac's in the Short North, we did our "employee" Fantasy Football draft there on Thursday. I paid at 5PM for 2 hrs of parking in the lot at a meter, I only needed to pay until 6pm, came out before 7 and had a no front plate ticket written at 5:13pm. My co-worker paid for parking until 5:57 and figured since it's free at 6pm he wouldn't get a ticket. WRONG parking ticket written at 5:58. another co-worker was ticketed for a cracked tail light. Bastards! I'm not going to spend anymore money in short north businesses. Clearly the city needs cash, and that is how they are going to get it. It's ridiculous.

What I did on my Grandprix was mount a magnet on the back of the bumper cover and the same to my front plate, just like the dealer tags when you drive a car on a demo ride.

I would keep it in my car and put it on when I parked downtown or where ever I parked in the street. Never got busted.

The only reason I have one on my MS3 is because I do a lot of driving downtown and it would be only a matter of days before a motorcycle cop would be facing me at Neil Ave and Nationwide. I seem to always meet them there as a I leave for appointments.

71N today in blinding rain and heavy traffic. Cop weaved around everyone to catch up to him in his R32.

Zatrock?

There's a particular CPD officer who seems to really enjoy writing no front plate tickets on 71 between 270 and Gemini. He felt my 996 was a candidate for one a couple weeks ago. Same officer has written two other friends tickets in the same area for nothing more than no front plate. I happened to be going 45mph in rush hour traffic that was really heavy when he saw fit for me to donate that day.

Andy

I've never ran one since the day I got my license. Been pulled over and given a speeding ticket without the cop even mentioning it, yet when the organized crime ring that is towing in Columbus got me for parking on the wrong side during street sweeping (my fault), they gave me a front plate ticket ON TOP OF the fact that I already had to pay 140 bucks to get my fucking car out of the impound. I feel bad for the lady who I was paying the fees to, she got a few of my choice words even though it wasn't her problem.

After that ordeal, I decided to put it between the dash and the windshield when parked, and haven't had any problems so far.

If I were your friend, I would definitely fight the ticket that was written at 5:58. I fought one from short north over 6 months ago for running over time and won!

I received one last year at 270 and Cleveland - he was sitting on the inside of the barrier on the on ramp. I had to pull over five lanes of traffic to stop (he pulled me over at the 270/71 interchange). Columbus PD.

Just for the record... I think the Ohio Revised Code says that the plate has to be on the front most part of the vehicle - will a plate in the window suffice, or is that technically not allowed as well? Anyone know?

will a plate in the window suffice, or is that technically not allowed as well? Anyone know?

Not a cop, but my understanding is that it technically is still tickatable. However, I've asked and one cop I bs'd with at the store said he'd likely just give a warning vs being a dick. That is if the driver was cool and not speeding or doing something else that warranted further punishment.

Not a cop, but my understanding is that it technically is still tickatable. However, I've asked and one cop I bs'd with at the store said he'd likely just give a warning vs being a dick. That is if the driver was cool and not speeding or doing something else that warranted further punishment.

It is 100% ticketable. I got cited for having the plate in my windshield a couple years ago. I've gotten three no-plate citations in the last four years, each of them accompanied by no other citation.

i dont really like it but if you just display the plate in the front dash, does that suffice?

Ahem:

It is 100% ticketable. I got cited for having the plate in my windshield a couple years ago. I've gotten three no-plate citations in the last four years, each of them accompanied by no other citation.

I received one last year at 270 and Cleveland - he was sitting on the inside of the barrier on the on ramp. I had to pull over five lanes of traffic to stop (he pulled me over at the 270/71 interchange). Columbus PD.

Just for the record... I think the Ohio Revised Code says that the plate has to be on the front most part of the vehicle - will a plate in the window suffice, or is that technically not allowed as well? Anyone know?

i dont really like it but if you just display the plate in the front dash, does that suffice?

ive had mine in my window since i bougth my car 2.5 years ago. never once got a ticket for it by a cop. got one warning though after they stopped me for a headlight out. i did get a ticket though at a meter for no plate

I got ticketed off 15th for no front plate, even though it was displayed in my windshield.. :mad:

Now it's mounted on the front of my car, behind the front grill HEHE :D

only reason why a cop will give you a flack for that is since your driving a girls car hes jsut pulling y ou over to check you out (thinking your a girl by thecar you drive) an then he will get angry casue your a dude an give you a ticket...your screwed

I still can never guess why they pull people over for a headlightout... Dont you think the driver knows it is out. And on top of it you would expect them to be getting it fixed as soon as possible so why pull them over and waist everyones time for nothing?

TIP: I have not been pulled over for no plate yet but my friend keeps his under the floor mat and when he gets pulled over ( has happened twice in the last 6 months) he pulls it out and says it just fell off and he is getting it fixed... Just make sure the plate doesnt look band new cause obviously if it fell off it will be scratched up

TIP: I have not been pulled over for no plate yet but my friend keeps his under the floor mat and when he gets pulled over ( has happened twice in the last 6 months) he pulls it out and says it just fell off and he is getting it fixed... Just make sure the plate doesnt look band new cause obviously if it fell off it will be scratched up

The R32 driver that Tim mentioned earlier in this thread has his front plate under the passenger mat. I'm guessing that didn't work out for him.