Sweet new (to me) straight razor

progrmr

You guys are pussies. When I have to shave, I punch out my bathroom window and use the busted glass to shave. No gel, either. Just sweat.

Pussies.

:DShit. When I CAN grow facial hair, it looks like I'm either 14 or I had a full beard and it caught fire. I can go two weeks and look like the Jonas Brothers. Hell, they probably can grow more facial hair than me.

But, Mach3 is what I use, too.

wow...what a thread...last thing i would think to see on here. It's interesting though. I use the fusion but hate the expensiveness. I have to shave everyday or at least every other day and find that to get a close shave with either the mach 3 or the fusion i have to go over it at least twice or three times. I dont think its the razor, more that my facial hair grows very fast and feels like it grows in different directions, although when i have a beard it looks good. Any suggestions...I Guess?

Even with a safety razor or a straight I typically have to make 3 passes: With the grain (WTX), across the grain (XTG), and against the grain (ATG).

Difference is with a fusion, your running 5 blades across your face and mashing the blades into your face to try and cut the hair. For me this led to a lot of razor burn and some ingrown hairs.

Even if you keep shaving with a disposable, just making the switch to using a good shave soap with a brush and good face prep will make a big difference. I have to shave every other day and using the double edge safety razor means only running 1 blade edge across your face and I only apply very light pressure to the razor. Far less razor burn and I lather up again between passes.

Read up on it - for you I'd say the DE safety razor is the way to go. Finding a decent DE for < $20 is easy (ebay or either of the sites I mentioned in this thread). Just know that you'll have to undo some bad habits that disposables have permitted you to develop. You might look a little rough for a while you get the proper technique down. Once you do, you'll never shave with a disposable again.

You guys are pussies. When I have to shave, I punch out my bathroom window and use the busted glass to shave. No gel, either. Just sweat.

Pussies.

:lol: Now that was funny.

:DShit. When I CAN grow facial hair, it looks like I'm either 14 or I had a full beard and it caught fire. I can go two weeks and look like the Jonas Brothers. Hell, they probably can grow more facial hair than me.

:lol: Another one because you know of the Jonas Brothers.

Is that YOU in your avatar? That beard matches the one you described you grow.