Legal Questions Abt Paternity For Fathers/Lawyers In Regards to Ohio Law

CJINOHIO03

A friend of mine is in a bind. He had sex with a woman once when he was drunk. Anyway he has found out she is pregnant.

This is where the story gets good. Finds out she is legally married and was fucking at least another guy during the time frame too. Anyway she told my friend she is getting with the other guy and told him everything. That he is going to take responsibility etc doesnt care not his maybe etc. My friend is worried on what to do etc.

He would like to know if it is his kid but doesnt necessarily want custody etc. What is the legal basis for all of this? Since she is married doesnt court assume her husband is the father? They are supposed to be getting divorced but who knows when. What are the legal repercutions for all of this? Any good websites or lawyer referrals?

A friend of mine is in a bind. He had sex with a woman once when he was drunk. Anyway he has found out she is pregnant.

This is where the story gets good. Finds out she is legally married and was fucking at least another guy during the time frame too. Anyway she told my friend she is getting with the other guy and told him everything. That he is going to take responsibility etc doesnt care not his maybe etc. My friend is worried on what to do etc.

He would like to know if it is his kid but doesnt necessarily want custody etc. What is the legal basis for all of this? Since she is married doesnt court assume her husband is the father? They are supposed to be getting divorced but who knows when. What are the legal repercutions for all of this? Any good websites or lawyer referrals?

My wife nor any attorney can't provide legal advice in this setting, but let's just say tell your friend to "lawyer up" now.

She's been involved in cases that are upwards of 15yrs later where people are just now fighting over child support....back due support is not something you want to be caught facing years later.

Hiding from the truth isn't going to protect him in the court system.