Sorry boys, I was screaming and yelling for OSU tonight.

SpaceGhost

Then i am a moron...and so is ESPN who never once made a positive comment on OSU during or after the game and all the other people who hate us. Kirk H was the only person who had a decent thing to say about OSU. I dont care who great our defense played, a loss is a loss in the national stages eyes...and we just lost again to a team who played like crap and we hardly capitalized on their mistakes. I love OSU, but the big ten is falling a little flat this year.

Honestly, the biggest hit the Big Ten took Saturday was Michigan State losing to Central Michigan. MSU was supposed to be the #3 or 4 team in the Big Ten... not good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree, while the offense did look young (remember, all new receivers, running backs, and most of the line) they did as well as they could for the 2nd game. The coaches did not make the play calls that would have allowed the offense to put more points up. No QB sneak on the goalline? Punting on a 52 yard field goal? Running Boom up the gut and never trying Saine (when all Saine did was pount people last week and Boom looked horrible).

My definition of Offense includes coaching and play calling. I agree with 100% on the QB sneak idea.

once again, our def kept us right in the game and our offense couldnt take advantage. srsly.. they punted from their own end zone 3 times and we couldnt even get a field goal???? ooh and they were nice enough to give us a safety and STILL couldnt come up with our own points. so frustrating. i put this loss on tressel and on pryor. i agree with LJ, tressel has been making the same coaching mistakes for a while now, when is he going to learn/try something else?? i dont think he needs to be fired but he needs to wake up. and pryor.. well ive voice my opinion on not liking him and i going to hate him for a few more years. unfortunately, they put so much trust and time into him.. im calling it now, he wont have a good grasp of being a QB even as a senior. i dunno if we were out of field goal range on our last drive but he took a fucking sack!? seriously?

ive never been so frustrated at the buckeyes, and the big ten for that matter. why cant anyone else around us step up and help us out. and yes i know.. penn state.. well they need to continue doing it.

Wait... Didnt Pryor win like, all of his games last year except one or two? As a true freshman?

Wait... Didnt OSU lose 35-3 last year against USC?

Hasn't OSU finished first in the country once, and second in the country twice (In a row, within the last few years) since tressel became the coach?

You guys are out of your fucking minds. The buckeyes have had like 3 losing seasons in the last 65 years or something fucking ridiculous.

PS: None of you have ANY idea what you're talking about... at least not enough to make any sort of difference, whatsoever.

Edit: But that guy at Smartfootball does. That shit was BRUTAL to read. Why not keep Tressel and basically tell him he has to change his playbook, or hire an offensive coordinator that calls plays to get the job done?

Edited by Devil's Advocate

Wait... Didnt Pryor win like, all of his games last year except one or two? As a true freshman?

Hasn't OSU finished first in the country once, and second in the country twice (In a row, within the last few years) since tressel became the coach?

You guys are out of your fucking minds. The buckeyes have had like 3 losing seasons in the last 65 years or something fucking ridiculous. I guess when you don't have many battles to pick, you pick really stupid ones and make yourself look reallllly whiney and petty.

PS: None of you have ANY idea what you're talking about... at least not enough to make any sort of difference, whatsoever.

In the past Tressel had teams that made his coaching look better than it really is. This year the team is no where near as talented and his coaching will make a huge difference with how they end up. No Ted Guinn to take off down the sideline, now superstar linebackers to make game changing plays. This year will show exactly how good of a coach he is.

Look at how he coaches in big games compared to others. He goes conservative, throws away what won games in previous games, and is fine with being predictable. Doesnt call plays to get the crowd involved (at home), and if he takes the lead he sits on it like a chicken on an egg hoping for the best. Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about if you give him credit when he was winning games by 5 points his entire career with us that should have been blow outs.

You guys are out of your fucking minds. The buckeyes have had like 3 losing seasons in the last 65 years or something fucking ridiculous. I guess when you don't have many battles to pick, you pick really stupid ones and make yourself look reallllly whiney and petty.

In the past Tressel had teams that made his coaching look better than it really is. This year the team is no where near as talented and his coaching will make a huge difference with how they end up. No Ted Guinn to take off down the sideline, now superstar linebackers to make game changing plays. This year will show exactly how good of a coach he is.

Look at how he coaches in big games compared to others. He goes conservative, throws away what won games in previous games, and is fine with being predictable. Doesnt call plays to get the crowd involves, and if he takes the lead he sits on it like a chicken on an egg hoping for the best. Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about if you give him credit when he was winning games by 5 points his entire carrer that should have been blow outs.

He has been outcoached on the big stage so many times that its annoying. This is the exact same thing that got Cooper fired. Unlike the others I dont want his head (yet) but I would like for him to coach like he wants to win... not like he hopes he'll win.

You guys are out of your fucking minds. The buckeyes have had like 3 losing seasons in the last 65 years or something fucking ridiculous.

Edit: But that guy at Smartfootball does. That shit was BRUTAL to read. Why not keep Tressel and basically tell him he has to change his playbook, or hire an offensive coordinator that calls plays to get the job done?

Wait, hasn't Tress not beat a top 10 team since Nov 2006 because of the same coaching erros?

Wait, hasn't OSU put some of the most players in the NFL since then, yet the coaching makes the team look like they don't have the same level of talent?