John Shepherd 7.70 Pass vs Mustang

SLOWLX

Mustang got him though on Reaction time. Mustang won on a 7.86.

How when Shep had a 7.70 he got the light at the end

He got to the end first? Trick question or what?
this..

your time starts when you trip the beams(when you leave) o he could of sat there for a secoind an never tripped the beam an then left. now yea he rana f aster time but the guy passed the finish first (heads up racing who ever gets tehre first...) does that make sense cause i confused my self lol

this..

your time starts when you trip the beams(when you leave) o he could of sat there for a secoind an never tripped the beam an then left. now yea he rana f aster time but the guy passed the finish first (heads up racing who ever gets tehre first...) does that make sense cause i confused my self lol

.... what:confused:

How when Shep had a 7.70 he got the light at the end

You better watch the video you posted again, the light that went on was the mustangs lane.

And yes it's a heads up race, you have to cross the finish first, time does not matter when you trip the beams, Time counts when the light goes green.

Am I really explaining Drag Racing to a person who is posting drag racing videos? Shouldn't you know how it works already?

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/MustangWins.png

This equals win by reaction time.

I can't believe you actually had to post this. I guess people don't understand the whole "package" of drag racing. Taking a nap at the line will usually net you a loss, unless your car is that much quicker.

You better watch the video you posted again, the light that went on was the mustangs lane.

And yes it's a heads up race, you have to cross the finish first, time does not matter when you trip the beams, Time counts when the light goes green.

Am I really explaining Drag Racing to a person who is posting drag racing videos? Shouldn't you know how it works already?

Actually time starts when you turn off the staging beams. Your reaction time starts when the light goes green but your 1/4 time does not.

someone told me to hang on and wait for shep to bring the car out again... well it ahs been a while and my arm is sore from holding onto this tree limb...

Really I can not wait to see it out again anyone have any updates on it?

His car will be back out eventually. But he had to make very radical changes to it to meet safety requirements as well as feeling safe himself inside it. Not to mention that he is a perfectionist and has been taking drastic measures to maintain the old school look of the car throughout the process.

He decided to turn his daily driven EVO into an E85 9.50 car in the downtime.

His car will be back out eventually. But he had to make very radical changes to it to meet safety requirements as well as feeling safe himself inside it. Not to mention that he is a perfectionist and has been taking drastic measures to maintain the old school look of the car throughout the process.

He decided to turn his daily driven EVO into an E85 9.50 car in the downtime.

Mike is there much difference in his car and yours. I dont know anything about yours other then what I see on the outside. It seems like once you guys make a clean good "straight" (lol) pass you could be in the 8's or so.

Mike is there much difference in his car and yours. I dont know anything about yours other then what I see on the outside. It seems like once you guys make a clean good "straight" (lol) pass you could be in the 8's or so.

The similarities are pretty minimal. The displacement, bottom ends, and cylinder headwork is about the same. Header design and turbo are also pretty close. We also run the same dogbox transmission (which is made by him). Otherwise, he has major factors that push him to those numbers:

Custom rear end setup

Twin carbon clutch

Drag suspension

Bigger tires

big cams

Straight methanol

Nitrous

He's running ENORMOUS boost and putting down close to 1400hp at the wheels. More importantly, he knows how to get the power down the track. The car will easily go low 7s and 200+ mph when it comes back out.

Our car is possibly capable of an 8 second pass but we are getting traction limited by running a small tire and having a shitty suspension setup. Now that our car is going fast these are the next weak links that need addressed.

Our strategy up to this point has been to make up time on the big end because we know how to make a lot of power. It saves expensive drive train parts and keeps the car together. It allows us to get the car out a lot and continue to have fun instead of tearing it apart every weekend. We are clutch limited using something that is already at its torque limit for what we're making. We could easily turn the wick up 200hp higher but there are weak drive train links that won't hold it at this point.

John's car has no real compromises.

I would love to see your car be able to make a good clean straight pass just to see what time it would click off. Its still funny to see you guys go as fast as you guys have been goin using every inch of the track. I swear you guys make the track 1400' after getting her straight. LOL. You guys still are doin great with the car. Still amazes me and alot of people who dont know the car.

I would love to see your car be able to make a good clean straight pass just to see what time it would click off. Its still funny to see you guys go as fast as you guys have been goin using every inch of the track. I swear you guys make the track 1400' after getting her straight. LOL. You guys still are doin great with the car. Still amazes me and alot of people who dont know the car.

It will come together for us. The car is finally just starting to go fast down the track. We knew that we would hit a suspension/tire wall once this happened but did not want to allocate money to it until we sorted out other issues. We're just pretty budget limited and can't afford to throw piles of money to the things to improve the known issues.

But what I can tell you is that we could never go as fast as we are if it wasn't for Shepherd pushing the envelope to get parts developed that allow a motor like ours to spin to 11k or a tranny that can shift at whatever RPM or load necessary. The guy is an animal.