weiand?

STEVE-O

http://www.jegs.com/p/Holley/Weiand-LS1-Aluminum-Intake-Manifold/750900/10002/-1

so pretty much I have this offered to me in a trade... looked on ls1 tech etc and could not get a good consensis...

what do you guys think of this manifold???

again I will be getting it in a trade for the things I dont use anyway so it will be almost a free upgrade for me...

so pretty much all I ahve been able to find is ls6 and fast= god but I already know that I jsut wanted to see how well the weind held up in comparison to these

rob, arent our intakes both aluminum? i dont think an ls1 is gonna heat more than a bbf

different animal.

we dont have engines stuffed under a cowl, with very little room.

there is a reason stock and aftermarket intakes for the ls motors are composite

and its heat soak

Guest tbutera2112
different animal.

we dont have engines stuffed under a cowl, with very little room.

there is a reason stock and aftermarket intakes for the ls motors are composite

and its heat soak

gotcha.

There is a reason so many things are popular for an LS1 f-body. LS6 intakes, cnc'd LS6 or 5.3 heads, cams in the 224-236 duration 550-600 lift range, because these are the things that work well for these engines on a budget. Want to spend more money and pick up a few extra ponies buy a Fast intake, and some TrickFlow or AFR heads, but don't think that the shit Edelbrock, Weiand, or Holley makes for these engines to be worth a shit.

well I will be trading my wheels and dry n20 kit for a set of stock wheels with better tire life... a set of springs and this intake brand new still in the box... I said almost free because I will ahve to either get the ls6 coolant lines or modify mine...

I thought it would be about as good as a ls6 but not as good as a fast and that is what I wanted to hear...

Also I found the short block I want to go with and now I jsut ahve to plan pout what trick flow heads and cam I want to go with...

I wont be using this on my new motor anyway so if it does get heatsoaked a little bit I am ok with that for now...

thanks guys